Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Serviced Part's!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 01:01 AM   #1

Default Serviced Part's!!!!

Just wondering if PART'S are availible for up grade's or repair's????? HELP.....
MOB-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

well im not to sure on upgrades. im thinking that you will have to do most upgrading on your own. but i believe that they are going to strive for some the best customer service you will find. and as far as spares and repairs those are supposedly going to be available.
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Partz

Yep, parts WILL be available and Arnie, the Prez of Nylint, absolutely commits to great customer service. As any company, they will have to make a judgment as to abuse or defect, but they really want to make you happy.

To my knowledge, Nylint has no direct upgrades in the immediate plans. They ARE doing ongoing engineering to attack any weak points that might be found.
slashsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
They ARE doing ongoing engineering to attack any weak points that might be found.
If you have a direct line to Arnie, you might want to tell him to focus on the following (from what I've experienced in about 2 hours of run time and from what I've seen on here):

1. Upgrade the steering components. I ran mine for about an hour on what I would call moderate terrain - 6-8" river rock, a few larger boulders and some ledges about 12" tall. I didn't push it hard. (I do this with a real Rubicon and fully understand how not to push a rig beyond its limits yet make it perform beyond what people expect that it can do.) The steering did a lot of complaining and then just gave out. (See my post in the Breakage thread for more info.)

2. Drivetrain. The slipping drive belts seem to be a popular complaint/issue.

3. Wheel/axle setup. I saw several posts of people "blowing these up." Not sure what happened. I haven't had that problem.

Basically, we're seeing the same failures on these rigs that you see in regular rock crawlers. If Nylint could upgrade the stock parts or offer upgrades in the aftermarket, I think this could be a truly great RC rig!
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsplat
Yep, parts WILL be available and Arnie, the Prez of Nylint, absolutely commits to great customer service. As any company, they will have to make a judgment as to abuse or defect, but they really want to make you happy.

To my knowledge, Nylint has no direct upgrades in the immediate plans. They ARE doing ongoing engineering to attack any weak points that might be found.

COOL.. I was wondering also if this applies to 1/18 scale to cause i got one of those to and i play with more then the other......

I'm not looking to have part's replaced just part to have when do brake some thing, you know some thing i can go to the store for.... I have over 5 hour's play time with the 1/18 scale, and TRUST ME I PLAY HARD>>>>>>

I'm starting to see the steering as one place I would like start after an half hour of play it seem's to need to be moving for it to turn right or left. Also would like to see bigger tire's and wheel's be availible for more ground clearance.
MOB-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #6

It seems as if they copied the samurai birfs.... I was backing mine up a ledge and had the wheels turned. The inner shaft "popped" out of the bucket and with a twist of the axle it distroyed the bucket. This also happended to my buddies... But his was the passenger side, so I am going to use parts from his to fix mine and hopefully they can figure out a fix for this...

I have been taking a real close look at what caused the axle to pop out of the bucket and it seems like the steering needs some stops placed in there to keep it from turning so tight... When the wheel is turned full and you turn the axle it pops out without any kind of effort at all...

I also have two of the 1/18th scales and my kids have been quite literally been beating the crap out of them and they have not even slowed down much less been a breakage.

I will post pics in a few minutes under the breakage thread and show you what I mean...
shortystowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortystowing
It seems as if they copied the samurai birfs.... I was backing mine up a ledge and had the wheels turned. The inner shaft "popped" out of the bucket and with a twist of the axle it distroyed the bucket. This also happended to my buddies... But his was the passenger side, so I am going to use parts from his to fix mine and hopefully they can figure out a fix for this...

I have been taking a real close look at what caused the axle to pop out of the bucket and it seems like the steering needs some stops placed in there to keep it from turning so tight... When the wheel is turned full and you turn the axle it pops out without any kind of effort at all...

I also have two of the 1/18th scales and my kids have been quite literally been beating the crap out of them and they have not even slowed down much less been a breakage.

I will post pics in a few minutes under the breakage thread and show you what I mean...
sound like someone else knows alittle about Zooks on this board too. i am very interrested in your breakage. how close do your tires come to the front axle when turned? i ask this because when i turn my tires one way they rub on the place where one of the motors is in the front axle. i have not had any probs with breakage on the outters.

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Broke this little number....not so sweet for me, i hope they'll just send me the parts to fix it, after paint and shock mods i don't want to have to trade it in, DOH!!

totalxbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalxbadass
Broke this little number....not so sweet for me, i hope they'll just send me the parts to fix it, after paint and shock mods i don't want to have to trade it in, DOH!!

i just broke that same part one hour ago

stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote