Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Report your estimated runtime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #1

Default Report your estimated runtime

I have read through every thread and can't seem to find out how long the battery will last on a full charge. I have had problems with stripping steering gears on my 1:18 and am thinking about getting a 1:6 to replace it with. Thanks!
Surfzup2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2005, 12:05 AM   #2

ive only made it past the 18 hours charge but it lasted about 2 hours before it was real sluggish.
SolaceOfWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I also ran for a little over 2 hours before I started getting the typical stop-and-start-battery's-about-dead performance. After the initial 18 hour charge is out of the way, I think 8 hours of charge for 2 hours of run time is pretty darn good.

As far as upgrading to the 1:6, may have steering problems with it too. I don't know what the gears in the 1:18 are like or what the 1:18 weighs but there's a lot of weight stressing everything in the 1:6 crawler.

I stripped my steering gears in the first hour and a half of run time. I exchanged my first one for another at WalMart and now, with a better idea of what the steering will and will not withstand, have successfully run another 2 hours (on the new one) with no problems.
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #4

Wow last time i asked that question they all atacked me like a pack of wild animals telling me 2 stop asking stupid questions,well im glad u had better luck!
69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stang
Wow last time i asked that question they all atacked me like a pack of wild animals telling me 2 stop asking stupid questions,well im glad u had better luck!

You know why?

I'll tell ya...

Quote:
I have read through every thread and can't seem to find out how long the battery will last on a full charge.
There's a difference to doing research then asking a question and just asking a question that's been answered 5 times in other threads.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Plus, from what I hear ... this is the Pirate of RC Crawler boards. Bring your flame-retardent suit when you log on.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri
I also ran for a little over 2 hours before I started getting the typical stop-and-start-battery's-about-dead performance. After the initial 18 hour charge is out of the way, I think 8 hours of charge for 2 hours of run time is pretty darn good.

As far as upgrading to the 1:6, may have steering problems with it too. I don't know what the gears in the 1:18 are like or what the 1:18 weighs but there's a lot of weight stressing everything in the 1:6 crawler.

I stripped my steering gears in the first hour and a half of run time. I exchanged my first one for another at WalMart and now, with a better idea of what the steering will and will not withstand, have successfully run another 2 hours (on the new one) with no problems.

well see, with the 1:18, the motor turns to full lock, and tries to keep turning to full lock, until the gear just can't hold anymore. With the proportional steering, i think i can baby it enough, and not put it at full lock as much. Sorry i can't explain it better.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri
Plus, from what I hear ... this is the Pirate of RC Crawler boards. Bring your flame-retardent suit when you log on.
Just like I like it I found this site from going to pirate4x4
Old 08-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfzup2k4
well see, with the 1:18, the motor turns to full lock, and tries to keep turning to full lock, until the gear just can't hold anymore. With the proportional steering, i think i can baby it enough, and not put it at full lock as much. Sorry i can't explain it better.
I understand what you're saying and agree. The weight and torque of the 1:6 pose other issues, but you're right, it can be driven a bit more "gently."
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #10

Default Run time....

Well I got my crawler last night and charged it over night... i ran it ... i`d say the better part of 3 hours.... and it would die. I was actually trying to make the battery go dead so i could get a good solid charge in it.. i just gave up
cypress2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Mine lasted 2 and a 1/2 hours and it was still going before I put it back on the charger.

Of course, I have upgraded to deans plugs so I'm saving and conserving a little more energy
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Got it new last nite let charge for about 1 hour, got 1 hr of runtime with juice to spare. This was done with 2 trucks, and we were crawling, and chasing each other down like drunken shriners with them in high range.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #13

after 2.5 hrs it was still going strong. 3 hours I'm guessing would be nearing the end though.
ygohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #14

I surely do (as well as many others looking for this info) appreciate the hell out of it! Thanks
Old 09-16-2005, 08:31 AM   #15