RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   axles stuck in different ranges (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/14053-axles-stuck-different-ranges.html)

Big Dave 08-16-2005 12:26 PM

axles stuck in different ranges

Was out playing with the Wrangler today and the front and rear axles are stuck in different ranges. The front is in high and the rear is low. I've tried flipping the hi/lo switch back and forth in fwd and reverse, turning everything on and off, everything I can think of. Anybody have this happen yet??

Got Rocks? 08-16-2005 12:48 PM

have you been runing it in the dirt?

gtxracer 08-16-2005 12:55 PM

You have to take one of the axles apart. See which one is in low range when the switch on the remote is in low range. That's the axle that is in the right gear, take apart the OTHER axle.

There will be a tall white gear with a black arm meshed to it with teeth. That's the shifting unit, turn the arm to the other side of the white gear and that should solve your problem.

Big Dave 08-16-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Rocks?
have you been runing it in the dirt?

A little bit, but not much. It happened when I was playing on the rocks.

Big Dave 08-16-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxracer
You have to take one of the axles apart. See which one is in low range when the switch on the remote is in low range. That's the axle that is in the right gear, take apart the OTHER axle.

There will be a tall white gear with a black arm meshed to it with teeth. That's the shifting unit, turn the arm to the other side of the white gear and that should solve your problem.

I'll give that a try, thanks! Wasn't sure if there was an easier way to do it.

RC Girl 08-16-2005 02:22 PM

You broke it already?!?!?!

Good thing I didn't bring mine last night...sheesh!

Big Dave 08-16-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Girl
You broke it already?!?!?!

Good thing I didn't bring mine last night...sheesh!

Broke it and got it fixed again. Now the battery is dead so I'm waiting for it to recharge.

gtxracer 08-16-2005 03:36 PM

So that worked for ya? Glad to hear it :D

Big Dave 08-17-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxracer
So that worked for ya? Glad to hear it :D

It definitely did work. It seems though as ripping apart the axles will become quite a common task with these. It's pretty cool how they work though. And I figured out that the front axle is really more important than the rear because of the little buttons that get pushed down whenever the front axle is shifted. For some reason the rear axle didn't have these.

kdog 08-18-2005 02:46 AM

yes

yes, the same thing happened to me, only my front was in low and the back was in high. and i was on flat ground when it happened. :roll: