RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   FunRise press release (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/14121-funrise-press-release.html)

jason 08-17-2005 04:03 PM

FunRise press release

I just posted a press release from FunRise in the news setion of the site.

http://www.rccrawler.com/funrise.htm

mike 08-17-2005 04:05 PM

"-a line of skilled radio control vehicles that will out-crawl any other." :roll:

jason 08-17-2005 04:29 PM

You roll your eyes, but honestly show me a better crawler right out of the box...

Trailerguy 08-17-2005 05:10 PM

I crawled with a guy this past weekend that has one of the 1:6 jeeps. My clod does ok and I've been wanting to gear it down and make it about 1" longer (currently 14.5"). After crawling with him I knew I had to make the improvements to mine. For the money, this thing flat out kicked @$$. I think they are a great investment for the kids, they are geared so low that little kids won't lose controll of them. Clod's, TXT's, TLT's, EMAX's, etc. have more potential, but out of the box, and for the cost, you can't beat these things.

1bigtracker 08-17-2005 06:02 PM

"Funrise is also making extra parts available in order to modify each vehicle! "

Really? i want to know more!

Stu

Plays_with_Toys 08-17-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike
"-a line of skilled radio control vehicles that will out-crawl any other." :roll:

That sentence stuck out like a sore thumb to me too, but thats because gramatically it just grates my brain. I still don't understand what it was supposed to mean with "a line of skilled radio control vehicles". I thought drivers were skilled and vehicles were capable?

kdog 08-18-2005 02:25 AM

its only the beginning

The Nylint 1/6th crawler is a good start, but it breaks far to easy. It wont belong until another major R/C manufacture gets on board with something stronger. Nylint do your research now or be left in the dust. I am designing a 1/4 scale crawler it will have 2 35cc gasoline engines one for each worm drive axle. The tires will be 13in tall. it will weigh close to 60lbs. the gear reduction is 50 to 1. Top speed is 6mph @ 10000 rpm. I will have pictures when im finished. Thanks RCCRAWLER & Nylint for the inspiration!

cuban b 08-18-2005 03:56 AM

:roll: I'm sure Nylint will be left in your dust any second. :roll:

I for one, am stoked about the nylint crawlers. I'll get one as soon as they show up at my local wally world.

spencurai 08-18-2005 04:57 AM

Why all the negative stuff...Seriously this is a brand new vehicle and it is going to have some sore spots...and they have been omreo than forward about pledging to fix those problems. I have looked on and off for years at the RC crawling but was never motivated because of the rather large initial expense for something that I might or might not be interested in after a month.

The Nylint is right up my alley. It is relatively inexpensive and capable of doing what I want it to do.

Kdog...your pricing is going to beat nylint right...that 60lb monstrosity will cost less and break less and be more appealing to the masses who would be more than happy to purchase a pickup truck to haul it around in...why not just put a seat on it and ride it...ohh wait they already have those and they cost 5K$, I think they are called ATVs...why not just put radios and servos on one of those??

kdog 08-19-2005 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencurai
Why all the negative stuff...(because the nylint breaks on me every hour)Seriously this is a brand new vehicle and it is going to have some sore spots...(more like small pox) and they have been omreo than forward about pledging to fix those problems. I have looked on and off for years at the RC crawling but was never motivated because of the rather large initial expense for something that I might or might not be interested in after a month.

The Nylint is right up my alley. It is relatively inexpensive and capable of doing what I want it to do.
(its sound like you dont even own one yet? you should save your money, i own 4 Nylint 1/6ths)

Kdog...your pricing is going to beat nylint right...that 60lb monstrosity will cost less and break less and be more appealing to the masses ( i am not trying to market my 1/4 crawler !)who would be more than happy to purchase a pickup truck to haul it around in...( you should buy the 1/18th crawler, it will fit nicely in your bicycle basket) why not just put a seat on it and ride it...ohh wait they already have those and they cost 5K$, I think they are called ATVs...why not just put radios and servos on one of those??

( ok i will, and you can be the first to ride it)

CrawlnSlow 08-20-2005 06:59 PM

I agree with spencurai. Honestly, all smack talking aside, things like these are progressing this kickass little niche of the hobby. I own a 1/6 jeep and a 1/18 scorpion. Nothing compared to my tlt, clod, or maxx, but fun none the less. This is one step in making this sport more accepted by mainstream companies. I for one wouldn't mind cheaper parts and more people to crawl with. Plus beating the crap out of an RTR car is fun. I sound like a preacher. eesh
Terry

kdog 08-23-2005 04:18 AM

my bad

That's all cool, but why does a company have to test its products out on the consumer, why couldn't they have did a little research, and built a crawler that wouldn't break so often? you might not mind dropping $150 clams on a toy that breaks easily, but i do. the basic design is great, but just using nylon instead of plastic would make a world of difference. And toothed belts instead of a smooth one would help too. I know, im the bad guy.