Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: More flex and tires/rims on Tamiya Axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Cool More flex and tires/rims on Tamiya Axles

I noticed the tires and wheels are 30 bucks shipped! Have any of you guys tried to mount then on Clod or TLT axles. I am going to take a look at it this weekend. I think the center of the rim could be drilled out and the clod adapter could be screwed to the backside of the rim, then the 4mm wheel nut could be install thru the new hole in the rim center. These tires are pretty sticky and have a good scale look too, and for 30 bucks for 4 it is a good Clod tire choice.

I am also going to see if there is a good way to do a 4 link instead of the 2 link wishbone st-up.

Oh ya I am new here, but not to R/C, so hi yall.
Headshok88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

hello that would be a good idea i am surprised that more people arent doing that yet
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

One of the selling points of these trucks and one of the reasons it does as good as it does for what it is; is the suspension setup. The wishbone 2 link setup was scaled down from the REAL Sorpion buggies and when set up right in real life, it keeps the same contact pressure on all 4 tires in most situations. This evenly distributes the weight of the buggy as well as maximizes traction at all 4 corners. Why would you want to "downgrade" the suspension by going back to a 4 link? Instead I would think it would be a better idea to figure out a way to beef up the current suspension and make it work smoother...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Yeh Digger you have a point. Maybe I will look at modding the wish bone and see where that gets me. Thanks for the input.
Headshok88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

If you where going for more travel out of the suspension then some people are already ahead of you. first inboard your upper shock mounts, next get the Dremeil out and cut the bumpstops off that are AT THE PIVOIT POINT ON THE REAR AXLE, NOT THE BUMPSTOPS ON THE CHASSIE! this will give you some more flex. if you want more in the rear then you just have to see what the top link is hitting, and grind it away. on the front the link hits the steering motor when flexed to one side so you need to notch the arm or do somthing about the steering motor. there are already many threads on this so just look though all two pages we have posted on.

I am planing on 4 linking(or mabey a 3 link) the front to combat the steering motor clearance issue.

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote