Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one would you go with?
Axial 79 59.40%
Venom 54 40.60%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Axial AX-10 or Venom Creeper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial AX-10 or Venom Creeper?

Starting off with my first crawler and it will be used for fun only. No comps or anything like that. Just something to go out and crawl with. With that said and the two options presented, which one would you go with and why? I know it's a bit hard to compare since the Creeper isn't out quite yet but based on what you see/know/all of that good stuff, give me what you like, don't like, all of that good stuff.

Thank you!
matts88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

If you are going to get it right away, get the Axial. It has been out for quite some time and has proven durable, plus the parts support-stock and aftermarket for them is unreal!

It may be awhile before we find out about the durability of the Venom rig and I would imagine parts will be scarce for awhile.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i would say axial only because we know what it is & what it does. also aftermarket products are already there.
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

15 votes but only 2 relpies? Keep the info coming!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

My axial has been great and very durable, I really like it. But I enjoy tinkering and this hobby totally lends itself to that sort of enjoyment. With that said, I sort of wish I went w/ a berg. I don't have a berg b/c I got caught up in the 'realism' of a shafty but now I’ve been over taken by the fun of scaling a near vertical wall and tackling big rocks. It's addictive and you'll want to take on bigger and harder obstacles. It sounds like a berg just does all things better. Now that I've spent about $500 on my axial (kit, brushless, lipo, doesn't include radio) I would have been farther ahead had I put that towards a berg. If you just want to put a kit together and drive, the axial is the way to go. In my case, I should have known my engineering zeal would have taken over but the torque twist ‘realism’ of a shafty is squelching it at the moment.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #6

axial. their parts are reliable and you know you will get the support you deserve. venom is not really known for anything and since it is a new car, you don't know if there will be as much hopups or replacement parts for it.
Crawl Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Axial
Based on what ive heard, the creeper may be some competition later but the aftermarket parts for for the axial are just infinite
Right now, i'd go with axial
Maybe later you might have to see what the creepers about

Just my .02 cents
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Appreciate the input guys!! Keep the votes coming. Looks like it's going to be Axial unless some other good reasons are posted otherwise.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i would suggest axial to becuz like most of the posts above me said it has proved itself and the parts are avaliable if u need them..although the creepers axles where u can lock and unlock them look pretty cool but for some reason i see that breaking or something going wrong with it..
resetpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #10

Default Well

I would say go with the Creeper just for the fun of tweaking and changing a new truck. Also to be a little different having something other than the AX10.

RM

"Do not take life too seriously....You will not get out alive!!"
StarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i voted for the venom creeper, i just like something different
jombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I really wanted to vote for the venom, but seeing that ive never used one im going to stick with what i know and say Axial. Its a very tuff rig, with lots of aftermarket parts and support
cfox109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

this thread is a bit biased. Seriously you're comparing a crawler that hasn't been released to a crawler that's been around for some time. Your answers will be a bit biased.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I voted for the axial since i have three of them i have the venom ordered so after it arrives my vote may change but now i know the axial is tested and works well with a few updates but what i read about the venom it sounds like the crawler to have only time will tell
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #15

This is a very tough call. The Venom is cool and has some nice new features that the Axial doesn't. But on the other hand it will take the Venom years to catch the Axial in terms of aftermarket support and that's if the aftermarket ever supports it. And that is a big if. Heck, the whole rock crawling fad could be over by the time it starts getting aftermarket support.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

While this poll may seem a bit biased since the Venom isn't out just yet I was putting this up so I could see if after they do come out, and this thread is still alive, I could see if anyone changed their vote or would go with a Venom. A little poll strategy if you will
Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I vote the Venom Creeper...cause...this thread is biased and so is my point of view. lol

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i don't own a axial. i use axial tranny's. so being that i don't own either and i'm looking at these trucks as my first off the shelf crawler, i'm gonna have to swing the venom way. it seems to offer so much more. i has newest "2008" technology on it already. just like any other rig, i'm gonna end up modding it someway or somehow anyway. the price is right for the creeper. i'm pretty sure that when the axial first came out, some folks were also saying things like, not much aftermarket parts and support, we need to see what it's made of, etc. when tax returns come, the creeper is mine, the red one!!
keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
If you are going to get it right away, get the Axial. It has been out for quite some time and has proven durable, plus the parts support-stock and aftermarket for them is unreal!

It may be awhile before we find out about the durability of the Venom rig and I would imagine parts will be scarce for awhile.
YEP!! AGREED!!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
Pullman Crawler

i say the AX-10. the creeper is nice. but like others have said it's not proven and the isn't much support yet. also right of the bat if you don't don't like the tires of if they don't run well in your area. you have to buy a set of tires that you do like and run good as well as a set of wheels. but that is just me thoughts.
A_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote