Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Another CC-01/XC steeringmod, cheap but solid ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Another CC-01/XC steeringmod, cheap but solid ...

Love the chassis but fear the crappy steering. Got some inspiration from other mods and decided to built one myself.
Didn't see this particular mod arround, hope you'll find it interesting enough ...

The parts I used: brakeline tubing 10X1X22 mm, 2X HL parts G8, HL part BF14, 2X bearing 1150, stock CC-01 part B11 and B6, glue.

Those 1150 bearings fit tight into the tube, using a vice will press them in:

I drilled the hole in the chassis with a brand new drillbit to 10mm. Put the tube in the freezer for some 24 hours to let it uhhhmm shrink (?). Pressed the tube in with some force, be quik !

I then leaved it for about 10 mins. After that tried to press it out by hand but I failed on that ! So without glue it sits just fine and I don't think it will come loose that easy ...

Next step is cut the worthless plastic tube from part B11 (CC-01) and drill it to 8.5 mm:

Cut some more of part B11, not necessary I think but it reduces the height of the part attached to the servo:

When shaved of the HL parts G8 glue them in the CC-01 parts, file some flat spots to fit in CC-01 part B6:

When you're all done it should look like this. Put some longer M2 screws on both sides and don't forget the threadlock

Finally installed it. I did use a big (here we call it "carroserie") washer M5 to eliminate movement from the shaft up and down:

Finally I can rebuild my CC-01 scaler now. Hope you enjoyed it, happy modding

Last edited by mir4dor; 11-27-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Typo's, still there are some I'll guess :(
mir4dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links