Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tricks and Other Ideas (???)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tricks and Other Ideas (???)

I had a few ideas/questions pop into my head as I was putting my new build together this evening (KK chassis w/ HR axles). So I thought I would ask if other's may see it similiar to as I do.

First off, using Fubar lockouts I had planned to cut the arm's off my RCP aluminum knuckles out back. Then I thought why not just connect them with the link to in theory, strengthen the rear axle. I figured that it gets dragged around so much with "dig" that boxing it up and making it stronger could be beneficial. Clearance did not seem like it would be an issue as the link sits just under the delrin tray and I run taller HB Rovers.

Does that make any sense at all?

And then alot of the guys around here are running 2 different speeds/winds with their MOA axles. I think most are running the faster motor up front. Something like 45t front/55t rear.

My thinking was, I should be using the rear dig more so than the front. So the extra torque of a higher wind motor up front would be beneficial when using the rear dig to drag the rear end around. And then when locked up, having a faster motor in the rear could be "pushing" the truck just a hair more. And possibly loading the front suspension a little better.

Good idea? Bad Idea? Better to run "matching" motors in the front and rear?

OR

I am I just overthinking all this ?

Hey guys, any help is appreciated.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Over 50 views and no opinions ............:neutral:

JoeBruiser, Stormin', Culetto, Franky Rizzo, MT Head, KB, Wrecker, Nluv.........

Anybody ????
Old 11-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Can't help you with the lockout thing but I can somewhat with the motor thing. I think the main reason people do 45t in front and 55t in rear is to help eliminate axle stall? That way the rear has more torque then the front to overcome the axle stall?
Terminator13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #4

I could go into a big rant about why "not" to run a 55t and 45t ot 35t and 45t mix matched but i will not. All you need to know is stick with the same front and rear.. If you are running only one ESC you don't even want to stagger the pinions "13 tooth F 12 tooth R " Or the stall on the front axle will drive you nuts.
rockdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdevil View Post
I could go into a big rant about why "not" to run a 55t and 45t ot 35t and 45t mix matched but i will not. All you need to know is stick with the same front and rear.. If you are running only one ESC you don't even want to stagger the pinions "13 tooth F 12 tooth R " Or the stall on the front axle will drive you nuts.
Please feel free to offer your opinion in detail as to why "not" to mix motor size's. That's actually the way I'd prefer. To me it's simple and makes sense. I also have been reading just a little about stall so I'm learning more everyday.

I am planning to use 12t pinion's in each axle.

Thanks guys