Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rc4WD Rock Rider?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Rc4WD Rock Rider?

Hi everyone I am new to rock crawling and I am thinking about getting this kit and I am just wondering if anyone had any comments good or bad about the rock rider kit. Or has anyone seen this thing in action. I have searched this forum top to bottom and only found a very small hand full of post about this kit. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks!
dasmonkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

one of my first rigs and i really liked it, it was a great crawler and the looks are one of the best when it comes to tube chassis. the more i wanted to compete the more i learned that that chassis is a little wide, a little heavy, and just not a great comp rig not for me and my driving style so that is just my opinion which you will get alot of on here so do what you wanna do and enjoy it as i learned and am still learning every tear down, every break, every comp, every forum, is a step to making a better crawler for you not everything you read is gonna work for you so keep that in mind what works for bill might not work for bob so good luck.........P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for your very well said input. I think I will go with this rig, because there are no comps where I live or clubs for that matter. I just wanted something that looked scale that wasn't a total turd on the rocks. And in the future if a crawler club does get organized around here I don't want to be stuck with a crawler that won't perform at all.
dasmonkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i ran the rock rider as a droop setup and i messed around with it a whole bunch before i found the right setup for me, you willl be happy with the rock rider very fun and very scale looking just mess with it a bit and dont get discouraged its all apart of the fun, good luck pm me if you need any help setting it up...............P III
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like mine. Axial running gear and it crawls great.

Jeeper Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

very nice i love the way they look i still have my chassis sittin on the shelf i think i have enough parts to put it together again they are super fun to crawl with no doubt..............P III
Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

JC.....that thing looks very nice.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the comps dirt and racer. Those shots were posers and I run it now with HPI Grabbers and it rocks real good. I am running longer shocks with springs (as shown) than most do which makes it look and perform much better IHMO.
Jeeper Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to dredge up old posts... Is there anybody else running the Rock Rider? For those that have them, how are they doing after a year? I'm looking for a tuber and really want to know if these are worth it.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote