Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tq3 help and dig help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Tq3 help and dig help

i have a tq3 and i want to use it on my crawler but i need a 3 position switch please help....... Is it better to get the 3 possision dig for my 2.2 rig or the only 2 possision because i think that i would enjoy the 3 better because it can let the back tires roll free but can you run stock axels on the 2.2?
4x4wheelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If you can't decide to which way to go, make it TQ3 so it has both options, that is what I did with my TQ3.

This set up allows me to use the stock 2-position sw on the grip, or the 3-position sw. The green sw selects which sw controls the 3rd channel. This mode is really easy, requires about 20 min.s, a small amount of soldering and about $20 at Radio Shack.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #3

Ok I am lost.. I have a 2.2 with stampede trans. I have rear steer at the moment. I removed the two way switch and have a three way switch so I can turn the rear wheels left, straight and right of course on the third channel. I have thought about setting up dig but would have to loose rear steer because I need the third channel. It sounds like the way you have the switch wired I could choose what I used the third channel for? Dig no rear steer or rear steer no dig. If that is so it would work for my clod. I used the third channel to run a servo to shuts down the rear motor to give me dig but I must use a Y harness for rear steer. Not being able to control the rear steer sucks. I hope I am understanding this because that would rock.
Froger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you need a 4-channel radio.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote