Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Finally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Finally

Well.... after an hour and 15 minutes of tinkering, I have my radio working. See, my truck never was too kind from the factory. My reverse snapped right back and worked great, but my forward always stuck or wouldn't trigger or wouldn't this or that. After this hour and some change I now have the most ghetto rigged radio ever... I barely can get the thing to turn off.

See, for the throttle contact, that little spring got lost almost immediately. So I put a small spacer under the metal piece then screwed down the plate. From there I tested to see if it stuck. Oh boy did it ever, so I loosened the screws, now there was zero input. I tightened the far left bottom one all the way down. No binding/stickage. So I tightened down the bottom left one all the way, minor stickage, so I backed it off a quarter turn. And repeated for the top screws. Once I had the electronics plate in a position that the switch didn't stick I put the front face on....

On to a whole new world of troubles, the sticking came back, so my solution in the end was carving away a little bit from the little throttle trigger guide (the hole) that is on the face cover and a bit of folded up business card tucked between the face plate and the rest of the radio seam right next to the antenna, (looking from the back) the far right screw all the way in, the top screw a 1/4 turn in and the far left one 3/8 of a turn in, and only two of the little gauge screws in (the middle and right one. so basically my entire face plate is cocked out on the antenna side. No stickage whatso ever... but oh so ghetto. Now if I could find my wire cutters (again) so I can trim the springs...pictures to come.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links