Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bruiser Questions??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #1

Question Bruiser Questions??

Hey guys,
This is my first post on your forum..I'm pretty sure ill be getting one of the 1/6 scale Wally Jeeps.
I looked in my shed and found my old Bruiser that I modified into a Monster truck. Can these be made into Crawlers? I would really like to keep it stock as possible suspension wise.. What kind of mods can be done to the motor,tranny ect.?
I also have a Monster truck that MRP used to make many years ago. It was made to actually float on the water from MRP!! I may steal some parts off that one for the bruiser also.. The wheels are alot nicer then the ones I used to make the bruiser into the monster it is now..
I'll try to get some pics up on here of both of them.. When I'm allowed to do so..
Thanks abunch!!!!
frank
xtraflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

welcome aboard!!! The bruiser is an ok crawler with some mods. However due to the cost of replacing parts i wouldnt do it. I too have a bruiser but its all stock except for the dirt hawgs and a jugg body. It does realy well with the light crawling but where they shine is hill climbs, and mudding. If you like you can see pics of it over at tamiyaclub.com http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserima...05030703_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=2700
cstmp8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

A bruiser can be a cool crawler but heck id put that stuff on ebay. You would get 300+ for the bruiser even if its beat and those mrp high rollers.....pretty rare

Last edited by TerribleOne; 08-26-2005 at 07:11 PM. Reason: sp
TerribleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #4

High Roller!!! Thats what it's called!!!! The bruiser has alot of build up of some kind on the frame. Probably from sitting in the damp shed or I put it away wet..

thanks,
frank
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Um, rust?
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If you want to sell it I have been looking for one for a long time. -Will
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Keep the bruiser, and please don't touch the High Roller. Let me know if you want to sell that.

The bruiser is a tad expensive to crawl with, that is if you want to retain the value of the truck as a collector's item. There are many mods that you can do to the truck that involve removing the leaf springs and shock mounts, but don't involve actually cutting or drilling the truck. Innovation to suit your crawling needs is in order, and you'll have a nice truck if you want to try it. The bruiser's axles are locked stock, the differential action comes from the hubs. You could create a fairly sweet rig with a little effort.
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #8

Ummm Yes!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by radishkid
Keep the bruiser, and please don't touch the High Roller. Let me know if you want to sell that.

The bruiser is a tad expensive to crawl with, that is if you want to retain the value of the truck as a collector's item. There are many mods that you can do to the truck that involve removing the leaf springs and shock mounts, but don't involve actually cutting or drilling the truck. Innovation to suit your crawling needs is in order, and you'll have a nice truck if you want to try it. The bruiser's axles are locked stock, the differential action comes from the hubs. You could create a fairly sweet rig with a little effort.
I gotta take a look at the high roller and see if i want it.. I have the slightest idea what to charge for it.. If I decide youll be the first to know..

Thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 09:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
If you want to sell it I have been looking for one for a long time. -Will
Hey Will,
The High Roller or the Bruiser? The Bruiser has bigger tires and wheels on it. And the rear leaf is broke..
Later,
Frank
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

If you are going to do some offroading with the bruiser i would suggest getting a set of rear hubs for the front so they too will be fully locked. The problem with the stock front hubs (if you didnt know) is they have one way bearings in them, great for forward but lousy in reverse!! I did that to mine and it made a huge difference. But also keep in mind the turning radius sucks on flat surfaces not to mention you need to take it easy to keep from breaking anything!! Good luck!!
cstmp8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
Hey Will,
The High Roller or the Bruiser? The Bruiser has bigger tires and wheels on it. And the rear leaf is broke..
Later,
Frank
the bruiser...
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #13
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Turning my bruiser into a crawler was extremely fun and what's even more fun is crawling it!

Here are some links on the build up.
My Toyota Flatbed (Moutaineer) new pics on page 11 9/25/06
Badger's Mounty Version 3, now with scale bumper dumper!

And a link on the custom flatbed that was built for it.
Badgers Flatbed (pics updated 7/4 Page 5)

And a video of the first test crawl.
http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/norcal...unty_test1.wmv
badger is offline   Reply With Quote