Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: HSP Crawler ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #1

Default HSP Crawler ?

Any of you guys over there have the new HSP 1/8th crawler yet ?

A few of us here in the UK have them and Im very interested in what mods you come up with.
ClydeBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
RCC Addict

i think thats the same as the REDCAT crawler here in the states. you may wan to do some search for REDCat and see if its the same unit. which i think it is.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #3

Without some decent pics its hard to tell, although going by the few pics I managed to google, I dont think its the same truck.

I see the Redcat getting some bad press for being a rip off of some other products, tyres? The tyres look to be the same on the HSP.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeBuilt View Post
Without some decent pics its hard to tell, although going by the few pics I managed to google, I dont think its the same truck.

I see the Redcat getting some bad press for being a rip off of some other products, tyres? The tyres look to be the same on the HSP.
they whole truck is the same, maybe some other colors, and yes the tires are Moab xl's rip offs, these companys suck ass
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
RCC Addict

The Redcat crawler and this version as two different versions, but may have come from the same factory.

The Redcat is mostly plastic, where there's a fair bit of aluminuim on this one. Axles are completely different as well. As the ihobby show, an orange anodized version of what you show was at the Redcat booth labelled as a "Professional" version.

I don't have this verison, but I do have a Redcat. It's the same as the HBX crawler, and even has HBX lettering on the beadlock rings. Both tires appear to be copied from Moab XL's, but the HBX/Redcat versions are softer and have a deeper tread than those appear to be. The HBX/Redcat tires&wheels are direct copies from the Proline parts.

As far as mods, you'll need to brace the axles or they'll break right where the axle tube mounts to the gearcase.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #6

Cheers....the axle problem has already happened to one of our guys already, any ideas or links on bracing ideas that would work here ?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
RCC Addict

If you catch it before it breaks, I'd make a metal reinforcement that goes inside the axle housing. that way the bolts holding the tube go through the case and the metal reinforcement.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #8

I'll look into that for this evenings entertainment.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeBuilt View Post
Any of you guys over there have the new HSP 1/8th crawler yet ?
I have a HSP crawler and its different to yours. My motor is mounted in the centre and that has become an issue. When I go to move forward the suspension twists and the left side of the car moves down and touches the tyre.

Also found that the arm going between the two back wheels was to long causing one wheel to turn in and one straight. Have changed this bar position and its straight now.
Here are some pics of mine. Going to replace the shell for sure.

steben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Default HSP Crawler

I would love to have one of those Super Crawlers, but I don't have any friends with those to have fun with. How well does yours perform on the rocks.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #11

Havent tried it properly yet. Got it finally yesterday (shipping took so so long) played at home in side. Im the same none of my friends have RC cars at all so I just take them out alone or take my 7 yr old daughter who uses what ever one Im not using.
Have it at work today and we have a good place for me to use it on so will do it at lunch.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
MODERATOR™

Holy shit, it's an Axial rip off.

Dud.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #13

Well there you go, it was in my price range so its a good starter. Have some mods planned just need to look into them.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
MODERATOR™

Yeah I'd guess most mods done to the Axial will pertain to that thing.

And I bet you can bolt on 90% of the Axial parts. Just a guess though, but it looks like it.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #15

Well its goes ok, first run today and we have some of the shittiest weather to do anything in. Still went ok till body hit tyres on flat surface and when climbing I managed to loos 3 of the 4 body pins.
Below is a pic of it climbing and hitting the body. Left rear hits when moving forward and front in reverse on flat ground. Any ideas on how to stop it flexing on the flat?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
MODERATOR™

Read/search about torque twist.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Read/search about torque twist.
Ta will do, at work right now so will look at this after.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

My buddy got a Himoto 1/8 scale shafty similar to that one. He found it on eBay. That thing is HUGE. He has had all kinds of drivetrain problems though, lots of gear slippage and tranny probs. I don't know how good parts support is for these, spotty at best. It has lots o' anodized blue aluminum parts on it, so at least it looks tough....

A shame, I was already plotting to buy it and use the axles with a Scorp tranny and maybe a ladder frame with a International CXT body.....hmmmmmmmmmm.....
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod Rhombus View Post
It has lots o' anodized blue aluminum parts on it, so at least it looks tough.....
They are big thats why I went for this one just looks like it will go anywhere. I like blue and thought this looked pretty good. I will be working on the suspension to minimize the TT. Will cut this body tonight so it stops rubbing till I find a better one.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

@clydebuilt

They all were produced by HSP/CTW (ChinaTopWin). Therefore the Chinese would not make anything by themself, they are copying all days long. The green one is called Climber T1 and would bring the customers a lot of problems like broken axels, broken links a.s.o.

The orange one is the so called Climber T2 and has a lot of parts better; the axels are well done no, the gear is reinforced with some steel, the links are chanced in alloy and the suspension is now directly mounted by the axel.

The ESC is for ass, you have to change it directly cause it's not possible to get good crawling results with it.

The orange one was my startup crawler, my son hast got a green one, but with rebuild (T2) axels. The Tires looks like MOAB XL, but only looks like, the results after giving the Inserts a Starcut are not bad, but Miles away from the originals.

You can have o lock to our vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fun5WXeVo

We have in Switzerland a business guy who has every part for the climber T1 and T2 on stock, so far it's no to bad owning a crawler like this, but if you once have started, you want some good rig very fast.

But for starting up, for trying this nice hobby, it's a cheap solution. For comps you can forget it.

The Blue one is a HSP also, it's a 1/10 version with single motor and I don't know it very well. It seams to be a chinese copy of AX and I'm sure you'll get some (bad Chinese) surprises for free with buying this crawler.

The Chinese would all in all make a good looking - bad working Job. They want to sell a lot and don't worry about after sale service neither the customers happyness. If you get a good dealer and if you have some machines around you, you can work with a longer time. Otherwise you'll change to a good rig like Hustler or so.

We do change to a Hustler.

Regardes

Nico
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote