Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Belt slipping problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs down Belt slipping problems

so i was brwalin in some awsome dry washouts today and i realized that only the front tires were doin the work :? . so when i got home i looked on the site to see if anybody else had this proble but didn't find much. so i poped the rear diff open to find the problem. i turned it on and put it in low and just barely grabbed the rear tire put it in low and hit the trigger, to my unplesant suprise the metal pully on the motor was slping , so my question is what could i do to prevent slpipping, possibly make it go away for ever. Oh and to make my day worse i broke the entenna off the controller, it bent and popped off befor i realized what happened.
4runner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #2

Hey mine just stopped working also..But mine looks like the axle pulley is slipping on the axle.. Ill have to take a further look into it and call and get the parts..
xtraflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
Hey mine just stopped working also..But mine looks like the axle pulley is slipping on the axle.. Ill have to take a further look into it and call and get the parts..
I don't think the belt will slip on the pully on the axle. there is so much surface area touching the belt from the pully being so large that it don't think it could slip.

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigtracker
I don't think the belt will slip on the pully on the axle. there is so much surface area touching the belt from the pully being so large that it don't think it could slip.

Stu
It's not the belt slipping,it's the pulley spinning on the axle... I've called them 3 times and PMed them about the peoblem but they have'nt gotton back to me yet..

Later
Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Man thats one part i did not take apart when i had the front end apart. I still have the parts sitting on my desk at home. If i remember i'll rip it apart and take some pics. If its something you need you are more than welcome to have the parts. I basically have spare parts for the internal part of the front axle if they are the same.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
It's not the belt slipping,it's the pulley spinning on the axle... I've called them 3 times and PMed them about the peoblem but they have'nt gotton back to me yet..

Later

It might look like the pulley is slipping on the axle, but if you spin it by hand and look at the tires, they'll be moving very slowly. Just the nature of the gearing.

Run it while you have the axle open and you'll see what I mean.

Keith
LibertyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #7

I looked again and the axle is not moving, just the pulley!!! I can hold the axle and spin the pulley!!! I do know what I'm looking at....

Thanks..
Old 09-20-2005, 02:32 PM   #8

Then it's probably a broken cross pin.
LibertyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote