Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #1

Question New to crawling

My daughter and I are thinking about buying the new losi comp crawler for my first crawler I have a Mamba Max esc and a M-8 with dsm mod. Dose any one have any advice for us. Will that controller work onthe front and rear DIG unit? Iam thinking I might just keep the mamba in my Bandit and get a new esc if I do that I would like a water proof one I would appreciate any suggestions on what I need to get it up and running to it's top potential.

Thank you for your help
Snowbeaverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #2

Thumbs down

SO far 26 people have looked at this post and no one bothered to help me or give me any advice is this typical for this site? If so I will have to find an other site to use as a knowlage base. Not a very warm welcome for a new member
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbeaverking View Post
SO far 26 people have looked at this post and no one bothered to help me or give me any advice is this typical for this site? If so I will have to find an other site to use as a knowlage base. Not a very warm welcome for a new member
You want advice for a crawler that no one has yet. You wait less than 24 hrs and cry in your soup bacause no one knows anything about it yet. All the hobby shops I have checked "OUT OF STOCK" They ain't ever had the damn thing to get out of stock. Maybe all the ones that viewed don't have a M8 radio. I have a DX3R and a Futaba 3pk so I can't tell you a thing about something I don't now or have ever owned. If it has a switch that can be set for 3 pos then you can use it for dig. Get a Futaba 4pk and you can make it do the cha,cha,cha. Without the Losi crawler you can hook up your esc,motor,batt,and rec and watch the motor go forward and backward. Warm enough?
One-eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

u need a different radio. just to do front dig u would need a servo strecher for the m8- i know because i have a m8 and looked into it. you need more than 3 channels if you wanna run front and rear dig... get a dx6

and you do need to chill on the attitude

and you wont find another site that has all the info that this one does.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Fatuba 4pk will do you just fine.
moabax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #6

Default SORRY ABOUT MY TUDE I had a bad day

jedsled What is a servo strecher? How much do the cost and where could I find one?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

a servo stretcher is a product made by PUNK RC which allows you to use yoru 3rd channel for 2 things (think of it like a computerized signal splitter)

personally i suggest just getting a 4 channal radio. i run a Nomadio React and love it. its got all the high end adjustments needed on all channels. retails for 260.00 and is basically everything the 4PK is, just 200.00 cheaper.

the losi isnt due out for a few months yet, so its going to be hard pressed to get any real world reviews on it.

crawlings a blast, very technical, Slow, yet quite fun!
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbeaverking View Post
jedsled What is a servo strecher? How much do the cost and where could I find one?
timaah answered the question for me, if i were you, i would look into a different radio and avoid the hassle if you can afford it.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack View Post
You want advice for a crawler that no one has yet. You wait less than 24 hrs and cry in your soup bacause no one knows anything about it yet. All the hobby shops I have checked "OUT OF STOCK" They ain't ever had the damn thing to get out of stock. Maybe all the ones that viewed don't have a M8 radio. I have a DX3R and a Futaba 3pk so I can't tell you a thing about something I don't now or have ever owned. If it has a switch that can be set for 3 pos then you can use it for dig. Get a Futaba 4pk and you can make it do the cha,cha,cha. Without the Losi crawler you can hook up your esc,motor,batt,and rec and watch the motor go forward and backward. Warm enough?
this guy is an jerk, and doesnt really belong in crawling.... crawling is about fun with people.... not be a dick to someone you dont know because they dont know.... if you dont want to wait go with the ax10 its easy to go out and have fun with.... if you want to compete you can make it competitive..... look in you m8 book and see if there is something about master and slave channel,, the you can split that channel....

Last edited by BEAU; 01-22-2009 at 11:31 PM.
BEAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
RCC Addict

The ESC will be great. The dig requires a 3 position third channel. Ask which one is best and you will get as many answers as there are radios. You want 2.4ghz though. Thats the key. You can run other types but in crawling you are watching each wheel all the time, a glitch can throw you out of your line, into a gate, or off a cliff.

Nomadio, Futaba, Airtronics and Spektrum all make radios that will acomplish what you want in 2.4ghz. Personally im a Nomadio fan but they are almost out of the game.

Check out the Spektrum Dx3R and the Futaba 4PK. Top shelf radios that will cover all your needs and also work with all your other RC gear. The Spektrum has a huge following so you will never be short of help in setting it up, the Futaba is new so its following isnt as big but there is still plenty of support.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #11

Thank you guys for some cvil responces. i don't think i was being that rude I am used to faster responces from other forums I am a member of they just don't know as much about crawling. i appreciate the info.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #12
RCC Addict

just like other forums. you ll see alot of readers. mostly gaining info and knowledge like yourself. sometimes it takes a few hrs for someone with the correct knowledge to stumble across a thread and give some good info.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote