Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: what wheels with Bully's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default what wheels with Bully's

Got a shinny set of Bully's here and looking for some wheels. I have my eye on the Mayhem Eng double phatty's. My first priority is to ensure the widths are within comp regulations. What are you guys running with the bully's? Anyone running the Phatty's? If so what offset did you get? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Last edited by cruciface; 01-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
cruciface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the rc4wd team guy said the
bl10n any narrow wheel with ax offset is what im hearing
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the reply. I sent a PM to toytech93. He did a Zero chassis w/ bully's wearing Mayhem's. I will post what he reports. I am reading that the Axials are a different width, if anyone has come across a good set of measurement for the axial/berg/ please post a link. I will keep on searching as well.

thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

If i run Axial offset w/ the bully and Losi Clawz will the width be under 10.5? My reading shows it will be right on mark or little over. Anyone running this setup?

thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I sent you a PM back, the claws on a set of mayhem's should be 10.25"
toytech93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, saw the PM, thanks! Toytech93 stated that the Axial offset works at under 10.5".

I was curious as to how loud the double phatty's are? I was reading that they sounded like a marbles in a coffee can when crawling. When it comes down to it I guess we only care about the performance. Anyone got em that cares to comment about them.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

I would run Mayhem, Double Phattys .... they work great with my bully axles

http://mayhemengineering.com/rims.html
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciface View Post
Yeah, saw the PM, thanks! Toytech93 stated that the Axial offset works at under 10.5".

I was curious as to how loud the double phatty's are? I was reading that they sounded like a marbles in a coffee can when crawling. When it comes down to it I guess we only care about the performance. Anyone got em that cares to comment about them.
I have a set of the Double Phatty's and you can hardly notice the noise. They are on my Axial for now and they are not as noisy as the drivetrain. The only time you can really hear them is when you drop off something, other than that I can't notice.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Great information. I am wondering if what I read about was the guy running a smaller bearing maybe. thanks for the input. I am waiting on Mayhem to reply to my "order" email. Ready to pull the trigger on a set.

The Eye, are yours the axial offset as well? What is your width?

thanks fellas...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I think the comp DPs sound more like a spray paint can than anything else.

Mayhems are well worth ever penny !!!
toytech93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

x10,000 on the Mayhems. Best wheels out there
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I have Bullys and switch between Mayhem Comp DP's and Vanquish Dirty Harrys. I like the Vanquish better, the Mayhems run a bit wider than i like on the bullys but i still run them occasionally, normally only with HPI Grabbers or another tall tire.

As a rule, anything with axial offset works well on the bullys since they are the same hex to hex width.

My suggestion is the Vanquish if you are going to drop coin on comp rims. The adjustability is unbeatable and they are easier to mount tires to, adjustable weights, adjustable offsets (i run narrow in the rear to clear gates easier at an angle). Every rig i tried the mayhems on i ended up running the fronts full of weight and the rears with none anyway.

My $.02
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
I have Bullys and switch between Mayhem Comp DP's and Vanquish Dirty Harrys. I like the Vanquish better, the Mayhems run a bit wider than i like on the bullys but i still run them occasionally, normally only with HPI Grabbers or another tall tire.

As a rule, anything with axial offset works well on the bullys since they are the same hex to hex width.

My suggestion is the Vanquish if you are going to drop coin on comp rims. The adjustability is unbeatable and they are easier to mount tires to, adjustable weights, adjustable offsets (i run narrow in the rear to clear gates easier at an angle). Every rig i tried the mayhems on i ended up running the fronts full of weight and the rears with none anyway.

My $.02
could you post the actual offset numbers you ordered for your DH's???
i'm gonna man up and get some DH's but I was not sure what offsets to run front and rear???
thanks for your help!
oops...I will be running bullys aswell that's why I ask

Last edited by 53 willys; 01-24-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: added
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Your gonna be sorry if you don't go with the mayhem's. There is no other fully comp. wheel out there that matches them in performance. PERIOD.
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-zero View Post
Your gonna be sorry if you don't go with the mayhem's. There is no other fully comp. wheel out there that matches them in performance. PERIOD.
Have you run the Vanquish DH's???
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-zero View Post
so tell me why????
what makes the mayhems better??
mayhems would be my next choice..but as far as looks and function the vanquish DH's are pretty killer!!
DH's you can...

add weights with no noise from SS ball bearings rolling around is cool!!
and I also just plain like the looks of the DH wheels better..i'm not a huge solid ring beadlock kinda guy..reminds me of MRT beadlocks...

So besides just giving a "they are better because I say they are" response
how about giving some reasons????
thanks for the info
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

The DH's are obviously top of the line. Just from reading, they have 3x more versatility with the weights, adjustable offset and ease of tire mounting. 2nd note is that the weights and additional hubs do not come with standard purchase. This puts your cost over $200.00. You could also pay an extra $20.00 for an "accurately drilled, tapped, de-burred 6/32 air vent! That is $20 bucks down the drain...

I am sure that a decent portion of the money spent on a set of Vanquish's go towards the box they come in. I didn't get a box that nice from Godiva Chocolate's. On the flip side the Mayhem's are delivered in a nice plastic bag. I Ithink Mayhem is putting time, research and money in the right place. Not nice boxes and expensive accessories. I am not clowning Vanquishes quality, it's just not worth the extra money for me. I would rather take that extra money and buy a second receiver, so I don't have to steal from my nitro truggy. Or a second ESC...

I am not really concerned about the looks just the performance really. I took all these points and ordered the Mayhem's.

Thanks for the help with all the technical measurements, this site is truly the greatest information pool for RC crawling!

Last edited by cruciface; 01-24-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Actually when ordering dh pro comps, you get to chose your hex offsets. You get to chose your front and rear offsets seperately, these come supplied with the product. They come with the rims what ever size, or sizes you want. If you want more offsets on top of the 4 that are supplied then those are extra.

As for the vent hole. Well if we do it, and anything goes wrong. We pull out a new set and do it right. Yes once in a while something can go wrong.

As for packaging, this seems a little nitpicky to be honest. We put a good amount of time and handling into our products. And when our products gets to your door step. We want to make sure as much as possible that they will work right out of the box. And one way is to make sure ups has not drop kicked the box somewhere from here at the shop, to there at the customers house. So if we need to package a product correctly to help eliminate damage, then we are going to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciface View Post
The DH's are obviously top of the line. Just from reading, they have 3x more versatility with the weights, adjustable offset and ease of tire mounting. 2nd note is that the weights and additional hubs do not come with standard purchase. This puts your cost over $200.00. You could also pay an extra $20.00 for an "accurately drilled, tapped, de-burred 6/32 air vent! That is $20 bucks down the drain...

I am sure that a decent portion of the money spent on a set of Vanquish's go towards the box they come in. I didn't get a box that nice from Godiva Chocolate's. On the flip side the Mayhem's are delivered in a nice plastic bag. I Ithink Mayhem is putting time, research and money in the right place. Not nice boxes and expensive accessories. I am not clowning Vanquishes quality, it's just not worth the extra money for me. I would rather take that extra money and buy a second receiver, so I don't have to steal from my nitro truggy. Or a second ESC...

I am not really concerned about the looks just the performance really. I took all these points and ordered the Mayhem's.

Thanks for the help with all the technical measurements, this site is truly the greatest information pool for RC crawling!
Steve@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Well said Steve

my DH pro comps put my Bullys at 9.25 with smallest offset and the Tune-ability is by far the best on the market.
The packaging shows the commitment in there product also..
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I ran the Rampage wheels on my Bullys for some time. They gave me a width of just under 10". I now have a set of the Mayhem DP's with Rocklins and im sittin right about 10.75. With a panther or losi tire they should get ya down to about 10.5....perfect. Hope this helps.

You can also check out http://www.rc4wdforum.com/ for help with any ? about their products.
carbonuts is offline   Reply With Quote