Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: MOA Crawler Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MOA Crawler Build

Hi,
maybe it will be better place my question here.. Please help me to finish choosing parts for my very first crawler.

I started here:
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157199
j.e.n.i.k.82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I love my bully axles. They are the same width as AX10 axles so you have a wider selection of rims. Tires will depend on where you crawl. Proline Hammers and Chisels, Panthers, HPI Grabbers, Losi Claws and HB rovers are all good tires. It will depend on the type of rocks you crawl and how much pumpkin clearance you need.

Shocks is a tough one. I have Losi 4inchers on my rig now but they leak, really leak. Which is sad because they are so smooth. Traxxas Big Bore aluminum shocks are really nice, not threaded bodies but super smooth and dont really leak. The Yeah Racing shocks are nice also.

55turn is a good starting point for motors. I run novaks now but the Integy crawlers are just as good for about half the price. If your budget can handle it the Holmes Hobbies Handwound modifieds are the cream of the crop but about 50 bucks each.

Good luck.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thank You Culetto

For first crawling experieneces I will try Panthers and Bir Bore shocks And then we will see..
Old 01-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You may also want to look into putting a dig switch on. makes a world of differance and is very reliable with MOA. You can use a micro servo to keep the price down, but you will need tp upgrade to a 3 channel radio like the DX3r. This radio is well worth the high price tag. It would be the last radio you would ever have to buy. If you are still looking for wheels I would highly suggest Mayhem. If you PM him I am sure he can get them shipped to you. It may cost a little ( I dont know how much international shipping costs these days ) . Good Luck with the build and post up some pics if you can so we can all see.
moabax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Donīt worry about pics.. I will post them, but I have still nothing at home for my car.. Everything is on the way.. Our crawler cup will be without digs, so I donīt need this.. Maybe in future.. Thank You for the tip..