Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rear slippage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #1

Default rear slippage

i've searched and can't seem to find anything on how to fix my problem. whenever i try to climb somthing the rearend slips and continues to do so until i back off. when i opened it i noticed the lowrange gear was slightly out of alignment with the output gear. is this the problem and if so how can i fix it?
tjader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I had the same problem with mine. I did notice that the rear low range "pinion" gear had some missing teeth. I called Nylint and they are sending a replacement.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjader
i've searched and can't seem to find anything on how to fix my problem. whenever i try to climb somthing the rearend slips and continues to do so until i back off. when i opened it i noticed the lowrange gear was slightly out of alignment with the output gear. is this the problem and if so how can i fix it?
Check my thread a few down about the front end freezing or popping. You may need to "set up" your gears almost like a real ring a pinion (shim the "ring gear" over one way or another). I just used a washer to keep the axle from sliding over and losing contact with the motor gear.
geauxturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #4

ya i did try pushing it over and it did work until i turned the truck on then it moved back over so im returning it today for another one. does anyone know if nylint will send metal replacement gears cuz if they did i would def pay to get them for my new truck.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #5

well instead of returning it i just reversed the high and low gears so my high gear is now my low gear and ill call up nylint and ask for a replacement set. thx for ur help