Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint wants/wishes/requests for mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #1

Default Nylint wants/wishes/requests for mods

I remember somewhere the guys from Nylint asked what we might want to have for mod parts for these little guys, so here's my suggestions.

1. Get a good relationship with Interco Tires and put out some TSL's and Boggers that are as good a quality as the Claws that come with the truck. You won't keep those on your shelf. oh, don't forget IROK's...mmm...49" tires.

2. don't know how to throw the 3rd channel in there, but rear steer would be nice and pretty easy sans the 3rd channel problem. I'm sure that's an easier thought for the 1/6th.

3. Body kits. Flatfenders. Landcruisers. D90's. various comp. buggies. seems like this would be all about licensing.

4. The obvious...a light kit. those light buckets aren't removable for no reason i suspect.

5. since the big attraction to these is their scaleness, how about scale accessories. tire carrier bumpers, winch bumpers, high lifts, jerry cans, etc.

those would be my suggestions. that and a high clearance axle set
Praga77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #2

How about a better radio/drivetrain that is most important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praga77
I remember somewhere the guys from Nylint asked what we might want to have for mod parts for these little guys, so here's my suggestions.

1. Get a good relationship with Interco Tires and put out some TSL's and Boggers that are as good a quality as the Claws that come with the truck. You won't keep those on your shelf. oh, don't forget IROK's...mmm...49" tires.

2. don't know how to throw the 3rd channel in there, but rear steer would be nice and pretty easy sans the 3rd channel problem. I'm sure that's an easier thought for the 1/6th.

3. Body kits. Flatfenders. Landcruisers. D90's. various comp. buggies. seems like this would be all about licensing.

4. The obvious...a light kit. those light buckets aren't removable for no reason i suspect.

5. since the big attraction to these is their scaleness, how about scale accessories. tire carrier bumpers, winch bumpers, high lifts, jerry cans, etc.

toymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #3

Default wishes

I wish it had a stronger gear box , perportional throttle/steering , better steering and higher axel clearance. Other bodie choices would be nice like an older bronco but not on the top of my list
tomh1426@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:08 PM   #4

Suspension upgrades (different shock/spring choices), long arms, larger tires, portal axles (clearance sucks on these). I like the above mentioning of scale add ons.

Upgraded gearing and/oir different gear sets...lower is always good. I'd like a gear lower than low than my high be my current low gear.
geauxturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

im design some aluminum parts to get machined for theese if anyone has some idea throw em out i will eventualy open up an online store and everything will be for sale...and cheap because i will only have to pay for material...so if u got somethin aluminum u wanna see...say so and you just might...i have an aluminum chassis/4-link conversion in the work..almost complete
scorpioncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praga77

How about portal axles. I like the spare tire carrier idea also. Think about it. If they had portal axles on them the axles wouldn't get hung up has much. Make the steering alot stronger.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 09-24-2005 at 03:39 PM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

For 1:6 scales id love basic diffs like real 1:1s(ring and pinion) , same style housing,like bruisers. instead of the gears in the diffs have one in the chassis with drive shafts, higher belly, relocate electronics to under the jeeps tuneau with a disconect for it, and put slightly smaller beatter under a lifting hood, but attached to the chassis so yo can take the body off without fiddling with it. steering would be standard 1:1 steering. then nylint would have the most kick *** low cost crawler ever.
4runner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #8

How about aluminum gears? I know alot of people have posted about the 1:18 gears pooping, and a better drive belt or replacements for the 1:6. Id love to see some swampers or boggers on my scorpion.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

get J hawgs by imex and cut them to make TSL!
get swamp dawgs by imex and cut the small lugs!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #10

Tire upgrades, suspension upgrades, and of course ZUK bodies!
BigBadZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

how about an old chevy full size
roadkill424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadZuk
Tire upgrades, suspension upgrades, and of course ZUK bodies!

yes we really need zuk and sidekick bodies that would be the best (just saying because i love zuks and sidekick) and tire upgrades,lights
sarg1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #13

Default zuk body

Aye does aneyone know if aneyone makes a zuk body ? That would be kewl !!
tomh1426@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #14

Parts that can handle the abuse :-P
I do enjoy my Scorpion, even with its shortcomings.
00Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I would say proportional control, metal gears in axles, and more body selections. I think a contract with Interco (super swamper) Tire Company would be awesome! TSL's, Bogger's, and Iroc's would be awesome!

Perhaps Nylint could simply offer all of these suggestions as retail "accessories". You buy your basic crawler, but you have tire choices and upgraded parts next to the boxes on the shelf. All the upgraded parts would/ could be easily upgraded/ bolted in.
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #16
Colt Python/SR9c

you guys can always add your electronics for that stuff, but ya can't add to it if the gears wont last need to make a stronger setup for the gearboxes. you guys can fab the rest
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #17

i agree with twisted. First off get the reliability sorted, with metal gears and stronger steering/hubs etc.
As annoying as the non proportional can be, i think leave it, in order to keep the cost down. After all, if they had all the gear, they would be alot more expensive, and half of us wouldnt have them.

But i think optional body/tire/wheel choices would be awesome! but 1st things first they should fix the problems.
dee201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Maybe Nylint should fix the current probs, gears, better steering, and continue with that. Then they should release a pro kit with all the killer upgrades shocks proportional steering, throttle, better tires, new style axels and a different body. How about that? Someone needs to make a(good) crawler straight out of the box.
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:26 AM   #19
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump
Someone needs to make a(good) crawler straight out of the box.
they do, its called a TXT
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I'd say what should be first and foremost on Nylint's list is geting replacement parts for purchase available like they currently have for the 1:6.

Now, if I were a dreamer the first thing I would want Nylint to do (and many others as it seems) is make a metal-geared gearbox set or even a Delrin set available for purchase as an upgrade. Keep the current housing and just replace all of the current gears with either metal or Delrin.

To go with the gear set wish, it would be really nice to have an adjustable ratio gearset like Tamiya's planetary gear set (TAM72001) that can give you a 400:1 final ratio, if desired.

Tires! The Mickey Thompsons are nice, but they are hard, or at least too hard to do any serious crawling. This is where it would be REALLY nice if Proline were to get into the game and make a set of Moab-like tires specifically for the Nylint that utilizes the existing "beadlock" wheels. A compound like the Moabs that are the size of the existing MTs would make this an unbelievable crawler.

Next would be doing something with the leading edge of the rear axle!! That darn thing gets me stuck more times than I care to mention. Yeah, there's the mod to flop the rear end around, but that doesn't work too well when you're running 4ws! If they can't get rid of the leading edge of the rear axle due to the gear reduction set, then make some tires that extend past that edge. As it is right now, the leading edge sticks out further than the tire.

Proportional steering/throttle would be nice, but it's pretty easy (and cheap) to do it as an aftermarket upgrade. I say that Nylint did a pretty good job in getting a farily competent crawler out on the market to get a new audience interested in the sport. Keeping the price of the "new version" around the same price is absolutely necessary, IMO. Charge any more for the vehicle and you're going to eliminate a lot of potential customers.

I say, do some really cool and very functional upgrades and make them worth the money. Don't charge $40 for a metal or Delrin gearset for a single axle. Keep the upgrade pricing within the realm of what the actual vehicle is worth. If you double your money invested, you had better AT LEAST double the usability and reliability. Any less and you're wasting your money.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote