Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Associated shocks ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #1

Default Associated shocks ?????

Has anyone ran the team associated shocks? How do they compare to losi? Are they good bad? Im looking a high quality shock 100mm in lengh any ideas or thought s would be a great help.
crawling82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I've actually run quite a few Associated shocks and have been quite pleased with how they perform. Their shock kits are well done and like any shock, if you take your time and use good practices, they go together easy and do not leak. Plus, their shocks have been around for some time and are proven in lots of racing environments. But be aware, the Associated shocks like the Losi pieces use American hardware, 4-40 screws and such.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the input I have never ran thier shocks but they do appear to be a well made shock thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Go with Traxxas Big Bores, well made and cheap.

Also they seap less than the AE or Losi ones (Which are race shocks so their o-rings are less tight to the shaft which in racing can be a huge issue).
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
~THE SCALE SHOP~

associated has been doing it longer than losi and traxxas, and are TOP notch. quality is second to non. lots of piston and spring choices too.
you wont be disappointed, im still using associated shocks i bought nearly 2 decades ago. (10T golds!)
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I would go for them...I've used them on a bunch of my comp crawlers and they are very very well made shocks. They are much better than Big bores IMO...big bore shock cap seals suck the big one.

Another shock to look at...is the New INtegy MSR11 crawler shocks...I know integy shocks have gotten themselves a bad wrap...but I bought a pair just to check them out and they are really very nice shocks. Ball ends on the shock caps, 4mm shafts and they don't leak at all and they come in a large range of sizes.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
I would go for them...I've used them on a bunch of my comp crawlers and they are very very well made shocks. They are much better than Big bores IMO...big bore shock cap seals suck the big one.

Another shock to look at...is the New INtegy MSR11 crawler shocks...I know integy shocks have gotten themselves a bad wrap...but I bought a pair just to check them out and they are really very nice shocks. Ball ends on the shock caps, 4mm shafts and they don't leak at all and they come in a large range of sizes.

Thanks for a the input very helpful. I have been looking at the integy shocks they do look nice but once again not much of a fan of integy. Might just order a set anyways.

The associated shocks are sweet and with all the comments they will be going on the 09 comp rig.