Notices

Thread: Full Page Color ad in 4W&OR...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
STS
Rock Stacker

Default Full Page Color ad in 4W&OR...

and you think they would have put the right model in the ad!
The ad lists all the specs clearly for the 1:6, however the picture is of the 1:18. :?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
RCC Addict

yeah that is kinda stupid as if they though that we would never notice
Old 09-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Not to mention, the 1:18th scale rig isn't nearly as asthetically appealing as the 1:6th scale. That's too bad.
I've been calling all the local Wal Marts trying to find the 1/6th scale version, none of the toy department employees have even heard of these things. Man, I really didn't want to have to pay freight on one of these, but it looks like I may not have a choice.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Make sure you get one with the new, upgraded parts!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #5

How can u tell it's got upgraded parts
Old 10-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Man, those fools at Nylint just can't get one past YOU guys! :-)

Yes, the new models DO have advances in the running gear, Nylint has been making changes all along.

The thing to watch for is the RED Scorpion at W-M. It is limited edition and will have a Certificate of Authenticity. They are in the suplly chain and will be on the shelves in the next weeks - AT RANDOM. We have no idea what stores will have them, but they are a limited run, and numbered!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

What about the upgraded Jeep? I'm a Jeeper. I don'y what no Scorp.............Will there be one for the Jeeps also. Did the steering get fixed on the 1:18's along with the throttle on the radio. I have had these problems with both of my 1:18 scaled jeeps. I have been worried to buy the 1:6 for 150 bucks if its going to have problems. I been I love my 1:18's but it it brakes I'm only out 45 bucks. I mean I had to buy a spare one. Just for the remote. Anyway still an awsome product. I'm hooked.........Keep them coming......

Last edited by run2jeepn; 10-01-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Jeepers Creepers

HEY, run2jeepn! It is the SCORPION technolgy that is the basis for all of these scale models! The (Nylint Patent Pending) suspension is a result of the efforts of Mike Seay to bring the SCORPION to the masses.

Yeah, your precious JEEEEPs are actually SCORPIONS in Jeep bodies! The running gear of all of the Nylints is the SCORPION design! That is why they crawl so well.

Now, if you want to put $150 in the latest design that is BULLETPROOF, look for the **RED** 1/6 SCORPIONS. They are limited edition, and will be found at random at W-M. They are in the supply chain and they have a NUMBERED Certificate of Authenticity! Those are the babies to look for!

(Nothing wrong with Jeeps, by the way, if you can't have a SCORPION.)
Old 10-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #9
STS
Rock Stacker

what kind of upgrades have been made to the "Limited Edition" red Scorpion? Are these upgrades in the drivetrain only on this model or will the rest of the nylints get "bulletproof" parts as well?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:14 AM   #10
STS
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsplat
Man, those fools at Nylint just can't get one past YOU guys!
I think you may have misunderstood me. My point was not to infer any kind of dimwhittedness on Nylint's part, however a full page color ad is far from cheap. Having doled out that much money, it only stands to reason that your ad agency/ department would at least put in the correct vehicle. As stated above the 1:6 is more asthetically pleasing with it's real shocks and whatnot. Considering the lifestyle segment that this magazine caters to, it is going to be these kind of details that your emergent consumers are going to be looking at.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:18 AM   #11

Hey dont worry about paying shipping, Ive paid for mine to be sent to Australia!! should be here in 6 weeks or so.
Hmmm upgraded parts huh? Nylint, can I order these parts and get them sent over here? I just know mines gonna break....
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS
what kind of upgrades have been made to the "Limited Edition" red Scorpion? Are these upgrades in the drivetrain only on this model or will the rest of the nylints get "bulletproof" parts as well?
Everything that was breaking has been upgraded. ALL models will have the same drivetrain, regardless of Jeep, Scorpion, or size.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS
I think you may have misunderstood me. My point was not to infer any kind of dimwhittedness on Nylint's part, however a full page color ad is far from cheap. Considering the lifestyle segment that this magazine caters to, it is going to be these kind of details that your emergent consumers are going to be looking at.
No, I did get your point, and totally agree.

The implication of dimwittedness was MINE, given the amount of money doled out for the full page ads and the type of people they are appealing to...
Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

One way to tell if at least some of the upgrades are on the model you're thinking about buying is to look for metal reinforcement plates on top of the axle yokes on the front axle.

In the picture the metal plate inside the yellow circle is the easiest difference to spot. I'm not sure if it's visible inside the packaging, though. I'll put up another post with some other differences.

Edit: The new front axle is on the right and the old front axle is on the left.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mudinyeri; 10-04-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #15

Hey slash splat, can we order the upgraded parts for our older style crawlers, and get them sent to Australia?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #16

Sorry Nylint but this I'm calling bull**** on this one. I, along with EVERYONE else on this board have paid our $150.00 for a product we expect to work. In the above posts are you ADMITTING to us that your product has several design flaws, flaws in which you find a solution for, slap a new color on it, and expect us to spend ANOTHER $150.00 to get it to finally work right? I don't thnk so.
Do the right thing and send out these "perfected" chassis to everyone who has already spent the money, been loyal fans, and TESTED THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. If it weren't for us, you wouldn't have known which parts to upgrade.
You can look through this message board and see who has reported damage, assisted others in fixing their crawlers, and who has been playing with and modifying these toys. You at least owe it to them.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargin
Hey slash splat, can we order the upgraded parts for our older style crawlers, and get them sent to Australia?
Please contact customerservice@funrise.com. They are the folks with the hardware!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911rc
Sorry Nylint but this I'm calling bull**** on this one. I, along with EVERYONE else on this board have paid our $150.00 for a product we expect to work. In the above posts are you ADMITTING to us that your product has several design flaws, flaws in which you find a solution for, slap a new color on it, and expect us to spend ANOTHER $150.00 to get it to finally work right? I don't thnk so. Do the right thing and send out these "perfected" chassis to everyone who has already spent the money, been loyal fans, and TESTED THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. If it weren't for us, you wouldn't have known which parts to upgrade. You can look through this message board and see who has reported damage, assisted others in fixing their crawlers, and who has been playing with and modifying these toys. You at least owe it to them.

"Admitted design flaws" - this was the first generation of a remarkable little toy. I am not WITH Funrise/Nylint, so I am in no position to admit anything. I am with scorpioncars.com, the home of the original 1:1 Scorpion.

Funrise is delivering new parts and replacements EVERY DAY and they will be providing the latest production pieces as they come through the supply chain.

Funrise is NOT just "slapping on a new color and expecting you to spend another $150." Where do you get THAT? They are building a limited edition RED Scorpion that will be mixed in with the regular color. It will have a certificate and is numbered, and they are NOT charging MORE for it. What is your problem with that?

EVERY vehicle, Scorpion, Jeep, every color, will have the SAME chassis and running gear, period. A yellow Scorpion will have EXACTLY the same running gear as a RED Scorpion built at the same time. What is the problem with that?

"Do the right thing"?? Everyone loves to ignore the fact that the supply chain from China is VERY LONG and there are months of lead time. Funrise is delivering replacements as quickly as they can from what they have available in stock here in the US. Simple logistics. Also, appreciate that they have to make Wal-Mart happy, as Wal-Mart calls the shots. Wal-Mart determines how many are needed when, and you people keep clearing the shelves. Wal-Mart, one assumes, turns to Funrise and demands more, quickly. Funrise scrambles to meet Wal-Mart's timeframes. That could be why *I* got my first 1:6 Scorpion (yellow) last week. I couldn't even find one to BUY at W-M.

Why are you so quick to say that they are screwing the people who have been so key to the success of the vehicles? They are in this business for the long haul. I can see it is not obvious to you how seriously they respect you and your pals on the board here, but I know they are busting their collective butts to take care of the issues. I see it, but the many positive comments easily get missed for the more flamboyant flames.

Have they not taken care of you? Do you have a broken part? I know a guy at Funrise who will take good care of you... Really!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #19

Steve at funrise has been very helpful to me, I have no problem with the customer service on his end. HOWEVER, when I see some guy on here pitching sales for a "limited edition" crawler when the ones we have sitting at home are still BROKEN it's quite irratating. Take care of our broken **** rather than forget about us and sell your "new and improved" crawlers. WE should be getting those chassis since we've already paid for them.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Slashsplat, why do you use such a large and annoying font? Do you think you are special or something? You are no different than anyone else here. You went to walmart and paid the money for one just like everyone else. If you really had any involvement in these, you would have had one a long time ago. Do you even own a 1:1 scorpion? I didn't think so. Stop trying to market these things to people who already own them.
Closed Thread