Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Active Kids project started.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Active Kids project. update.

Just wanted to say Thank You for all the support, prayers and donations that have helped kick off CORA-USA's Active Kids program. Funding has been short with the economy being so low but there have been some good hearted folks from here that have helped get things going. Altho we've had to get parts that are used they have been of great quality and the end result is that us and other volunteers will showing these kids (and others) how to have some out door fun and get involved in a great and productive hobby.
The end goal is to have 4 of these tube chassis crawlers available to take to hospitals, youth centers and other outdoor activities such as our Off Road EXPO and some other area comps for kids to play with and see what the fun is all about. The major reason for the tube chassis is that we are first taking the action to Handicapped kids, as we have worked out a cable retreival system and it provides a place for sponsorship advertising for thoughs who have made substantial contributions.
We hope that this program will not just bring more people to the sport of RC crawling but show others how we can help in our communities and the fun of off road activities.
Shown, is what we have so far but does not include the items that others have commited to send or the 3 sets of wheels being provided by Eritex Inc. More updates will follow, and the names of tho's who have contributed will be added. Again, Thank You from the bottom of my heart. God Bless you all.

If you would like to contribute and help get kids into a productive hobby or jsut see them have some fun you can PM or offer to donate through this thread or send paypal donations to: cora.usa@hotmail.com, or check us out at www.corausa.org.
Attached Images

Last edited by Krakker; 03-25-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

keep up the work i got a bunch of liltle stuff laying around pm me if you need anything ill see what i can come up with
flip2spin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I will donate 4 sets of delrin Links to get those rigs goin..
This is the exact kind of thing rc needs.

Pm me your info.
And keep up the great project..

Last edited by downtown; 03-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I only wish that I had something at all to donate, this is without a dought the most worthy of causes. God bless you I am all the way down in florida, but if i was closer i would help you assemble all those edge chassis, I hope you take some pics of the kids running these, would love to see the look on their faces the first time they crawl those rocks
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

is what's in the picture everything you currently have? do you have radio equipment? batteries?......the simple things we probibly all have extra's of laying around. I think i have some batteries and a tx/rx i'll send ya
gmanning37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanning37 View Post
is what's in the picture everything you currently have? do you have radio equipment? batteries?......the simple things we probibly all have extra's of laying around. I think i have some batteries and a tx/rx i'll send ya
We do have 2 radios (not received yet) and 1 rx. What is pictured is most of what we have tho. The Eritex Inc. wheels should be donenext week sometime and "downtown" has offered to provide the links for the two bare chassis. Another member has paid me for the purchase of 8 T-maxx shocks that we will use in droop setup. As you stated, a lot of the parts are little things such as link ends and misc. hardware. We've got 3 new 8-cell split pack but more would be handy if we're to entertain a larger group of kids or an all day event.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

4 complete sets of 4 for all four rigs
Ill send a few spares too.
downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown View Post
4 complete sets of 4 for all four rigs
Ill send a few spares too.
WOW, that is VERY generous! Thank You so much.

We hope to have these available for other groups to use if the travel/shipping and event time permits. I would encourage other clubs to come up with away of getting others involved during their events and designate a rig that they can use for public trials. The feeling you had when you first started crawling is just the thing someone else is looking for to give them a boost. We can all help, this program will show how well it works and how rewarding it is for us and them.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

List of contributors will be here and updated as parts arrive and I will update pictures every so often.

Axial = All drive train components. Axles, trannies, Shafts, shocks and upgraded parts. Axial, ROCKS!!!

Tekin Racing = B1R ESC's and 55T motors. You're Awesome, Jim.

Sparky0068 = NEW Complete Edge rolleing chassis, 3 8-cell split packs, misc. hardware.

Eritex Inc. = 3 sets of comp. heavies w/ custom rings.

twistedone = 1 set of Panthers and mem. foams.

Nova's Ark = 1 TQ2 radio.

downtown = 4 sets of delrin links for the 4 crawlers and spares.

John Swaim = Generous $ donation.

Crystal = Paying for the 8 Traxxas shocks.

ax10 = 2 drive shafts w/ yokes.

flip2spin23 = Chrome Edge, AX10 wheels with Panthers.

cbundy = Edge chassis.

Panther tires = Cougars for all 4 rigs.

TMCO (Total Manufacturing Company) = Custom made side panels hood and top plates.

akguanja = Our 4th Edge chassis, Panel kit, internal spring kit, Traxxas shocks and misc. tranny & axle parts.

VIOLENTJR = 2 receivers, 3 steering servos Integy motor and tire foams.

gmanning37 = receivers and crytals.

Ogden Ins. = vehicle sponsorship. $300 donation.

Dinky RC. = 2 Traxxas radios. TQ2 & 3.

R2J Kustoms. = Upper delrin links and a 1st run tuber for our lead vehicle.

Last edited by Krakker; 05-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

PM sent on 2 ESC's
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Wish I would have know about this before I sold my Edge I would have sent it to you, Great thing you have started.
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Cant wait to see these crawlers going and how they turn out.Keep up the good work
badnuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

it's not much, but i have an Axial radio and rx I'll send you, and a unused set of rock lizards. PM me the address
gmanning37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #14
RCC Addict

The Haas is getting fired back up for production Monday. Your wheels will be cut then
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Thank you Panther tires for providing Cougars for all 4 rigs.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

TMCO (Total Manufacturing Co.) will be making some custom side panels as well as some trick hood and top plates for the crawlers. They might also make the axle 4-link plates if we need them but they were very happy to help us get these going so that others can get into the hobby of RC crawling or just have some fun at an event.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like a program that crawlers should get behind!

I'm talking to a few of my sponsors about donations and invite other RCC members to look into this organization and possibly donate parts to help support this cause!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

lets keep this going put me doun for
4 Knuckle
2 or 3 c's
2 stub shafts
2 Axle Dogbone
4 uper links
1 skid
i think i have a esc and i may have some outher stuff.

i know you all have stuff siting in a bax some wher that you are not going to use.
badmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I am happy to report that the project is slated to start off May 2nd. With all the support from rcc vendors, it's members and other vendors, we are close reaching our goal. As of now I am waiting to hear back from Axial for their support but we have had a donator offer to sponsor the completion of one rig. After this weekend, I should have some more pics to update as I am going to pick up the Eritex Inc. wheels this Sat. I will post pics reguardless of what is available to show the progress. Thank you for your support and I hope that these will get sent out to other clubs to be used at their events so that kids can get a first hand feel at the RC crawling hobby and grow our sport and it's interest.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Are the kids actually building the trucks too? That would be cool.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote