Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My New Nylints!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My New Nylints!

Well, im new here. My names Johnathan Lopez (obviously) and im from Texas!
Now that we all know eachother, ill tell ya my nylinjt story. I originally bought 2 jeeps,one for me and one for my mother. One worked the others throttle didnt. I took it back, and got another jeep, that one didnt steer. Ok no biggy ill take it back, my next jeep didnt work either, throttle again. So finally she was like lets just get a Scorpion. So we did... works flawlessly! I have mine all modded allready and we have had them for about 2 days! I attemped to make it up like my 1:1 but havent quite finished it yet. How much of a difference does cutting the tires make? Is it worth it? I have my axle flipped, tires flipped, stretched... ( a lot) the springs are zip tied up, and all painted up. Its fixin to get a tummy tuck because i am gettin hung a lot! Ill post some pics once i learn how.... I have plans or 4 wheel steer with my 9 channel Heli remote, this way i can have it independent also!! Thanks guys!

`Happy Wheelin!
johnathanlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Lets see some pics.
ClodMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i dont know how to man!! How do i post pictures?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sup dude, it's Tyler. Are you working today? I need to get some things to finish modding mine out. Also I needed to talk to you about the TLT I ordered this morning.
Rooney7783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Upload them to photobucket.com and copy the [img]yourpicture[/img] code and paste it here.
bobbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hey, we'll have to get together and run em when I get mine done, which should be tonight sometime.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Sounds Good man, how did your electronics install go for you? Im coming along with my 9 channel mod... hehe... should be cool. You ordered a TLT from my hobbytown? Rock On .... litterally! Ill be up there at about 1 or so, ill bring my Nylint. Bring yours! Im uploading pics as i type this.. thanks bobbo!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres a few trial pics, hope they worked..
Old 09-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

sorry they are fuzzy, just some quick cell phone pics! Glad they worked! Tyler, where did you mount your battery on your Jeep, after you tucked it?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Well I'll be heading up there right after work, all I have with me is the front axle and the extended rear control arm. The electronics install has been waiting on me to finish the tummy tuck, which is done so I'll have it going tonight. It's been apart since I was just up there. About the TLT, I ordered it from ultimatehobbie.com. It was only $80. But I plan on getting all the upgrades from you. I should get there shortly after 5.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanlopez
sorry they are fuzzy, just some quick cell phone pics! Glad they worked! Tyler, where did you mount your battery on your Jeep, after you tucked it?
I put it the bottom, when I tucked it, I also cut out the insides so it's all one hollow hole. That way the batt pack and all the electronics fit down in it. I also covered the tummy tuck with some 1/8" steel i had, which should lower the cg. I also used that steel for the servo mount which should add some much needed weight to the front axle.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Score, sounds good... have any left over 1/8" steel ? Well i will be there at 5.... so i guess ill see you then! Later man
Old 09-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney7783
I also covered the tummy tuck with some 1/8" steel i had, which should lower the cg.
Uhh.... 1/8" steel??????? Lower CG? Doesn't compute. I would have used some thin thin sheet metal, or some cutting board plastic. The cutting board (Kydex I think) is not only lighter, but more slick than metals.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Well with the additional weight placed so low on the chassis it creates a lower center of gravity. I realize that it's overkill but I had the material.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Actually you raised your center of gravity, because you put more weight up high where there was no weight before. Plus you said you pushed your batteries up higher into the chassis. So the CG has gone up.

Its cool if you run it this way, but I am just correcting the logic so if someone comes on here and says "hey! if I add metal I lower the CoG (because they always put the wrong acronym)" I can tell them they were wrong.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Hummm.... what he says does make sense... maybe ill make a skid out of some styrene that i have! Well heres another picture of them and the big`un! :-P
Old 09-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Considering the placement of the metal I feel based on my seat of the pants, that it has lowered the CoG. And no, I didn't put my batteries higher, they are as low as possible in the chassis, same as before. The pack might be an 1/8" higher, not noticeable.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I think styrene would be too weak. Nice jeep (1:1). Your nylint probably needs .5" of more ground clearance to help the belly scraping.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

well the styrene is .080" which is 2mm i believe and that is fairly thick. Being that it'll just be covering a small area, i think that it will be sufficient. Ill give it a try and let you know. Thanks for the comment on the Jeep, it has only just begun with him. Next on the list is a Warn 9.5TI winch. Thatll be good for those pesky holes that you dont see and fall into ....
Old 09-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I second that.