Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: HELP ME!!! Very Frustrated !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Cool HELP ME!!! Very Frustrated !

OK, so i did some work to my Jeep and that included a Hobby grade electronics swap. Have any of you guys ever tried hookin up a airplane/ heli radio up? Im having a problem with the throttle and the actual drive of the tires. In forward the truck drives fine, but in reverse, it will only work at about 3/4 throttle, but very sluggishly. Also, the rear tires start to drive before, the front and they seem to be driving slightly faster (in forward and reverse) . I dont have it in high and low. But what else could it be? I had to re solder the wire on the front drive motor, could i have gotten them mixed and it do all this? Im using a Traxxas servo, futaba transmitter and reciever and a Tazer speed control.
Thanks guys!

Here are some pics of the suspension setup, with this one i can finaly climb that huge rock in the front!!! [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
johnathanlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I had a similar problem. Just for the heck of it, replace the front drive motor with the steering motor since you switched over to real electronics. I did it and now both the axles run at the same speed.
TylerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'm no expert, but I had the same problem until I programmed the speed control. (I usually overlook little stuff like that when I'm in a hurry to complete something) If that's not the case, maybe try adjusting the throttle end points? On my last radio (Airtronics VG6000) I could adjust the throttle for: 75% forward and 25% reverse, and so on.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Its the TAZER speed control. I had one and in reverse it would only go at a snails pace. Even with faster motors.

Try another ESC and I'll bet the problem would be solved.

Just my thoughts though. I guess it could possibly be something else.....MAYBE

Clark
SupermanWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:03 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ok, well all these sound good! I will we working alone today cause the boss has a golf tournament. So i will take it to work with me and see what i can do! Thanks Guys! Dont the guys who use the big rc crawlers use airplane and heli radios? for the independent steering? How do they do it?

JL
Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

are the motors wired in series or paralell?

i've read that in series they will act like that/one starting first & different speeds.
jeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I believe that they are paralell, but i will check that today also. Thats all i could think about, so i thought i did it correct maybe i didnt...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ok, so ive tried other speed controls, ive wired them to what i believe is parallel, ive tried even a 3 channel AM emaxx radio, it did the same thing. One of the axles will start spinning first, and it will switch from forward to reverse and vice versa, VERY SLOW!!! IT seems as if it doesnt have enough power to pull its self along when you go from forward to reverse. There is a few second delay then it goes. :( :( Atleast my steering setup works well. It was originally temporary, but i think i will stick with it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys !
Old 09-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Did you try my idea yet? That might fix your problem.
TylerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Oh no, i forgot about that! Lemme go try it and ill come back and let you guys know! What about sluggish reverse anyone know why that is? Ive tried 2 different speed controls...

Thanks,
JL