Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tips on making a crawling circuit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #1

Default Tips on making a crawling circuit

Hi guys,
My dad is ordering a Traxxas Summit (I know its not the best crawler in the world but he just want it to fool around with and do a bit of everything including crawling) and we would like to build a little crawling scene in my backyard... we have a section of land about 15 feet X 15 feet, and I want some tips regarding building a little circuit.. not so much rock crawling but more a sort of trial (like trial bikes) circuit... the section of land has pretty loose dirt and there is tons of wood which is used as fire wood over there... how should I go about building this? all ideas and even pictures are welcome!! Thanks guys
nesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

ooh ooh ooh, have a big jump go over the whole crawler thing, and setup some gas plumbing with some small holes so you can have fire or perhaps a ring of fire to jump thru.

then get like 20-30 1:10 scale or 1:8 school buses to jump too.

seriously, i have heard the summit is a good jumper.

but if you want to go the trials route, I have a see saw i built, you can even connect them together or use one in place of a bridge with a bunge cord to reset it after you run on it.....

i just think the summit is like the ultimate monster truck you know! its really big!
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would start with getting some dirt and making some mounds in different spots. then get some rocks of different types and sizes and start placing them around and digging spots for them into the dirt hills. You can use expandable foam to help secure them together as well. I am doing the same thing with a 50ft section only I'm using about 3 dumptruck loads of dirt and making some really tall mounds. I'm getting a tree out of the way 1st so pics will come in a few months after the weather gets nicer and I get some decent progress on it. You can also use pallets stacked up or tipped together as well as logs. I've even got some old tires and rims that I've covered on top with dirt and rock w/ logs around them (split ones work good) as obsticals.
Just be creative, it's all about what you want to be able to go over.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The one I'll have in the backyard is a waterfall/stream. It should work awesome, except for the possible water-ruined electronics But with the Summit, absolutely everything is a playground and can be improved if you want it to be. Just use your imagination and have fun with it.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #5

I'd biuld a simple BMX style table top with the sides having varying steepness.
Cheers,
DC
Bigcatnearmiss is offline   Reply With Quote