Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: wheel opinion needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wheel opinion needed

Im building a MOA crawler . I will be using berg axels with a KK 4.0 chassis & losi shocks . It will be cheaper for me to buy the whole truck with the rims & shocks than just the axels . I will not be competing at all . My ? is are the berg wheels any good ?. Using these wheels would save me a lot of money, but if there not any good i would by better ones . Your opinion's are welcome . Thank you

Last edited by rchippie; 03-17-2009 at 04:01 PM.
rchippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
Im building a MOA crawler . I will be using berg axels with a KK 4.0 chassis & losi shocks . It will be cheaper for me to buy the whole truck with the rims & shocks Than just the axels I will not be competing at all . My ? is are the berg wheels any good ?. Using these wheels would save me a lot of money, but if there not any good i would by better ones . Your opinion's are welcome . Thank you
I may be wrong because I've never used a set, but I think one of the biggest reason's people don't use them is because of the 3spoke design, or basically the look of the wheel.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

From what I have seen they are decent wheels for what you get. The main reason that people do not run them is that they are an Axial offset and make the berg around a 11" track width, which is really wide imo. You see the berg wheels on alot of axials though. If you have the money, I would recommend the Vanquish Dirty Harry's. Far and above the nicest wheel on the market.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The stoc beg wheel believe it or not is a pretty good wheel but it makes the rig way to wide IMHO.

The Mayhem Berg offset wheels are a great offset.And a great price.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
Mic
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
The stoc beg wheel believe it or not is a pretty good wheel but it makes the rig way to wide IMHO.
X2

Give Etriex a look as well the Comp heavy will run you $65 shipped and give you a 10" track width. For the time being you will get plenty of use out of the stock wheels and for that matter the rest of the kit. You can use the shocks you will just have to limit them on inside and outside with fuelline for 4".
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
THE Y-TOWN OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
From what I have seen they are decent wheels for what you get. The main reason that people do not run them is that they are an Axial offset and make the berg around a 11" track width, which is really wide imo. You see the berg wheels on alot of axials though. If you have the money, I would recommend the Vanquish Dirty Harry's. Far and above the nicest wheel on the market.
x2
dboy1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thank you for all the repliy's . Know i just have to make up my mind .
rchippie is offline   Reply With Quote