Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: UHMW Tape/Teflon Tape/Teflon Tubing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default UHMW Tape/Teflon Tape/Teflon Tubing

Hi Guys,

I'm sure alot of you guys are already aware but I wanted to post this anyways... please delete if I am in violation of any rules

Found it really a pain buying one set of teflon tubing/teflon sheet only to wear through them one month later and have to order from the States AGAIN... tons of money wasted for international shippers...

Well.. went to amazon and did a few quick searches... and found the following
1) Teflon Tape
2) Teflon Tubing
3) UMHW Tape

I haven't recieved the items yet but will update this thread with quality

Mike
mcho78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #2

check www.mcmaster.com for self stick. The teflon tape you orderd is probaly not self stick and you can probaly find it at local hardware store
underagecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by underagecrawler View Post
check www.mcmaster.com for self stick. The teflon tape you orderd is probaly not self stick and you can probaly find it at local hardware store
Thanks for the heads up... good old US of A... living in HK where I don't know where to get ANYTHING hee!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The teflon tape is just about paper thin, and most likely wont have any adhesive at all on it. I'm sure you can find a use for the UMHW tape but I'm not sure if it will help you as far as looking for something that will slide over rocks. Should be able to get some use out of the teflon tubing though. Most any kinda gasket houses should have what you're looking for though if you go in and do some talking. That all depends on what kinda places you have in your area though.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSCOTT View Post
The teflon tape is just about paper thin, and most likely wont have any adhesive at all on it. I'm sure you can find a use for the UMHW tape but I'm not sure if it will help you as far as looking for something that will slide over rocks. Should be able to get some use out of the teflon tubing though. Most any kinda gasket houses should have what you're looking for though if you go in and do some talking. That all depends on what kinda places you have in your area though.
Thanks for the heads up... what seemed to be a good idea now seems like a waste of money... kkk I guess we will have to wait and see!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

i made my entire skid plate from 5/16" UHWA (aka non fda aproved cuttin board) nice and slipery and durable
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote