Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial comp Roller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial comp Roller

Was looking through a blog and saw these pics from an expo. Anyways I was wondering if anyone had some info on this. Had done some searches with no results to verify this has not been brought up.

Looks like an SWX chassis, aluminum knuckles, aluminum axle carriers, slipper kit, bead locks, and new shocks (possibly aluminum).

Like I said, I tried a few searches so I apologize if this has been brought up.
PANDAbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Link to said blog? When were they taken?

It would be cool to offer up a Comp-ARTR with the SWX... but with Rock Lizard tires? I don't think so.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Link to said blog? When were they taken?
02-09-2009 is when the blog was updated with the posts. Here is the actual blog; about half way down the page http://tresrey.jugem.jp/?page=4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
It would be cool to offer up a Comp-ARTR with the SWX... but with Rock Lizard tires? I don't think so.
That's what I thought as well when I saw the tires, maybe they could not get the Proline Chisels out there in time to mount up? Although, the 1.9 has the Flat Irons.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

I believe that Axial just mocked up a crawler with the SWX chassis and Axial hopups to show. The second pic is just of the stock SCX10
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yep my guess is they are just showing off their available accessories for the AX10
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
Yep my guess is they are just showing off their available accessories for the AX10
Ya know, in the helicopter world, manufacturers offer heli kits in different levels of bling...much like Axial does with thet AX10 - Kit, RTR, ARTR, SCX10, etc. However, in nearly all cases, helis are available as an "SE" version, that comes with all available upgrades in the box.

I think Axial could capitalize on such an offering, IMO. It would be a pricey box, but folks would go for it. The downfall is that Axial would lose a bit of revenue in the post-purchase upgrades market. The upside is, Axial would be better competitive against the third-party aftermarket upgrades by having everything in one box. That eliminates the need for third party stuff.

I would love to get my hands on an AX10 "SE" kit.
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
I believe that Axial just mocked up a crawler with the SWX chassis and Axial hopups to show. The second pic is just of the stock SCX10
Quite possibly true; I wonder where the shocks shown came from though?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAbox View Post
Quite possibly true; I wonder where the shocks shown came from though?

they are the stock ax10 shocks with alum bodies.
salmonfacesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonfacesalad View Post
they are the stock ax10 shocks with alum bodies.
Makes sense, I just always thought they were a different color and possibly different shocks.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I'm really suprised it isn't carrying "ALL" the factory upgrades. . .Batt/Servo plate out front + Bender's 4-link in the rear? I think it req. longer upper links than SWX kit, but. . .? And the electronics plates, Dshaft rings, new body/mounts maybe (Bender style) ?
I just read the Axial-MOA thread & wonder if some of the "New Parts coming" could be a bolt-on-dig unit for the O.G. AX10-tranny? Just goes on and on huh- CVD's that dont jiggle. . .A narrower version of the XC-1 body-
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I've read elsewhere that Axial is working on new shocks. Those in the pics don't look like the upgrade metal bodies for the stock shocks, maybe they are indeed the new ones?

As far as a fully blinged out comp roller kit goes, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. It's a big enough hit in the pocket to upgrade the current kit to comp standard when you're throwing out plastic bits. If you paid a lot more for the blinged out kit it's gonna hurt some more to toss out metal upgrade parts for something a little different. And if ya don't upgrade you'll be running the same rig as a newbie with a stock (blinged) kit! Who wants a cookie cutter crawler?

I'd like to see Axial just improve the current kit by upgrading the usual troublemakers like knuckles and driveshafts, and leave it up to owners to trick it out to their liking and budget.

Also, often when someone asks "What to get?" the answer is often AX-10 because there is so many upgrades and support from a bunch of other vendors. That's gotta be a positive thing. Surely Axial would not want to alienate themselves?

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

It would be awesome if Axial would get into the MOA market.Throw in some new option parts for the already good line of crawlers.Maybe a SWX MOA?That would be the way to go in my book...
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote