Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Losi shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Losi shocks

For you guys that are running Losi shocks, are you still using the stock springs? If not what are you using?
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Some change them, and some don't. Personally I have a GC1 with them on it with stock springs, and there is absolutely no torque twist what so ever with it, and it handles great. Try them with the stock ones first to see how you like it, and if not change them. Things like that are all about what is good for you as a drive, not what is good for others.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Whites in front, yellow in right rear, and Traxxas black in left rear. That is if you are looking from behind.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i am running the stock springs all around perfect
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Got my losi shocks last night, very nice. I do have one adjuster nut that is a bear to screw on to the shock bodies, it has to be wrenched on. I have checked and has not been cross threaded and that nut is difficult on all shocks, is this normal?

Mounting the shocks:
Anyone know why there are not pivot balls in the tops of these, seems a little odd. My plan was to use fuel tubing (cut about the same width as the Axial pivot balls) for mounting them to the frame, is this the norm?

Thanks.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
no talent hack

it sounds like the adjuster nut is screwed up. you can get 4 of them for $7. i have a set where 2 of the bodies are screwed up, it kinda sucks

yes, fuel tubing is normal. the reason there are no pivot balls is they were designed for different losi vehicles. they just got renamed as a crawler shock
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I got these on the my Axial and on the rocks. Have you ever heated up silly putty and poured it over rocks? That is what these shocks make my crawler look like. They are extremely smooth with 30wt and stock springs. I just need to tweek them to mellow out the torque twist.

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Is anyone running tubing inside the shocks for limiters? I did that with my stock axial shocks but wondering if it is neccessary with the losi shocks.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

When i ran the Losi shocks on my Axial rig i used no springs in the front with internal springs from TCS(Droop). And i ran orange springs in the rear with a big fuel tubing limiter in the rear...Almost no Torque twist at all. 60 wt. oil

For my berg i run the short 2" red Losi springs all around with interals also. 40 wt oil.
nonstopboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCkoots View Post
Is anyone running tubing inside the shocks for limiters? I did that with my stock axial shocks but wondering if it is neccessary with the losi shocks.

I use a bit of tubing on the outside to limit compression, it helped a lot. I'm running white springs in the front and yellows in the rear. I did the traxxas rod end conversion instead of using a fuel tubing bushing. I'm on my second season with these shocks, they just work really well.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #11

Default losi shocks with ax10 springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion1capone View Post
For you guys that are running Losi shocks, are you still using the stock springs? If not what are you using?
im runing losi shocks with losa 6044 hd rod ends for extra clearance with ax10 super soft springs with fuel tube for now till i find more opps
runs goood.....
matthew ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote