Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Integy Super crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Integy Super crawler

I was wondering if any of you guys ever used the Integy Super crawler? How they holding up?
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

There may be a few on here running them, but I don't think there will be many responses, and there's not even an Integy section setup on here for them. For the most part Integy has kinda gotten a bad rep in the crawler world because alot of the stuff they've produced either doesn't work, meaning some parts don't even fit what they're suppose to, or they just in general aren't worth using.

Just personal opinion based on the couple items I've ordered, but I know others share the same opinion. Maybe someone will chime in, but you might be better off looking toward the XTM or something similar if you're wanting a Super class crawler kit.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

The Integy MC01 is built using replacement parts they produced for the Clodbuster. The aluminum gears, gear cases, axle tubes and knuckles look just like their Cod replacement parts. So being a Clod owner ,for at least a decade and a half, I'm willing to bet those axles and gearing work really well. Tha chassis looks simple and clean. Don't base your opinion on what other non integy crawler owners want to say about how they feel about the company because they bought a part that didn't fit. I have purchased a few of their parts in the past that need a little tweeking or better screws or whatever, but the parts still worked for me none the less. Good luck on your crawler purchase, whatever it may be. Hopefully you still buy something SUPER sized.
SUPERINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I considered the XTM crawler. But I've read that they are having major gear problems with them, so I'm a little sccared of them.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Why not just build your own? Get a couple of used clod axles, a pimp cane, couple of 1/4 scale servos and you'll have a super for next to nothing, and you'll have the advantages of simplicity, parts availability, better performance than the integy or XTM. All that AND you'll have the joy of having built it yourself. And you don't have to go pimp cane either, I just said that because it's super cheap and it works plenty well. I've also seen good working supers based off of K2-5s, SW2's, AKRCC Zeus's, SW3's, in short there are all kinds of great options and you can make it yours.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I am really considering doing that, but I am very Clod ignorant. I mean I know next to nothing about them. So I'll have to do allot of homework on what upgrades will need to go into the axles to make them comp worthy.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

If u go the build up route, highly recomended, look in the clod buster section here on rcc. It's loaded with info. Plus there are plenty of us on here to help you thru a build. Just start a build thread, ask for advice, make a decision on parts based on response, and you will get all the help and advice you need. Good Luck and hope to see you starting 1 soon.
SUPERINVA is offline   Reply With Quote