Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: help! driveshafts length!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default help! driveshafts length!

im starting my first real build. im planning on using the transmission off my stampede for my center piece. what are you guys doing for driveshafts? thanks
ah_5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I used my slash shafts and bought some traxxas steel yokes. What kind of chassis are you using and what axles? These will help a lot of people answer your questions better. I have a axial trans and some TLT axles built around a blackjack chassis and those driveshafts work great. I didn't even have to cut the rear for the dig unit. HTH
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

How to Pede sliders..Drive Shafts

There it is
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
good shot, thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
I used my slash shafts and bought some traxxas steel yokes. What kind of chassis are you using and what axles? These will help a lot of people answer your questions better. I have a axial trans and some TLT axles built around a blackjack chassis and those driveshafts work great. I didn't even have to cut the rear for the dig unit. HTH
im planning on making my own chassis and what axles do you recommend on a budget. whats the dig unit, im learning as i go.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

im making my own chassis and not sure yet about axles? im learning as i go. i know alittle but not it all. what are some good axles on a budget? i was thinking about the axial axles that are locked and $40. whats a dig, i think i know but not sure. also how are you guys welding up your chassis? are you using a welder or is there a trick i dont know about yet like soldering or something. thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_5500 View Post
im making my own chassis and not sure yet about axles? im learning as i go. i know alittle but not it all. what are some good axles on a budget? i was thinking about the axial axles that are locked and $40. whats a dig, i think i know but not sure. also how are you guys welding up your chassis? are you using a welder or is there a trick i dont know about yet like soldering or something. thanks
Dig is a unit that helps with turning the crawler. What it does is either freewheels the back end by taking power away from the axle or locking the rear axle digging in the tires and only having the front wheels turn at all. Check out youtube for some good vids of how a dig works. IF you are looking for axles and a tranny CKRC has the perfect items for you.

Here you go.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1355

THis gives you locked tranny and both locked axles and you can build from there.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote