Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What would you like to see on RCCtv?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
R.I.P. Chip

Default What would you like to see on RCCtv?

Looking for show ideas, what would you guys like to see on upcoming shows?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'm thinking possibly a Cliff Climber build. I am like these little things more and more, and for the price you can't beat it. Maybe a 1.9 or 2.2 scale build, heck any build at all would do me good. Maybe electronics reviews or something in that area? Anything really, it'll keep me occupied.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
RCC Addict

How about a show on tools and fabrication?

What tools you think are esential for a build or maintenace? What works, what's crap, etc.

Or how to make links, chassis, servo plate's and the like?

I guess that's a little newb oriented, but we all gotta learn somewhere.

Other than that hmmm... more builds, more comp coverage, and more stunt spray
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
I'm thinking possibly a Cliff Climber build. I am like these little things more and more, and for the price you can't beat it. Maybe a 1.9 or 2.2 scale build, heck any build at all would do me good. Maybe electronics reviews or something in that area? Anything really, it'll keep me occupied.
I like the scaler build idea.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

The live builds are pretty cool because we can ask questions while they are fresh on our minds and you guys have the actual part in hand that we are asking about.
I think a super class build would be cool. Might help get some more intrest back into the class.
Oh-yeah, and more give aways.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

STUNT SPRAY!!!!!
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

A show entirely for Stunt Spray I am pretty sure you know how to use it. My lipo in my mini says you do

Seriously, I would say a show on Noob101. How to properly build shocks, have a few brands. How to fight torque twist, batteries Nimh vs lipo, foam setups. Basically go to the Newbie General and make a list.

Maybe get some rocks with different lines and show how pick and choose lines. Have a shafty/berg showdown, showing the positives and negatives of each. A few off the top of the head I am serious about the Stunt show
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I like the choosing lines on the rocks idea, that would be sweet.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Yes, choosing lines. X3 especially good for newbs that haven't had too much drive time. Maybe a sub plot of uphill/climbing do's and don'ts
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

What some of the top drivers bring with them to the events and there pit boxes and such.
I am going to be a JDRF diabetis charity raffle i am looking at purchasing three crawlers and i am also looking into some of the vendors to donate some of there product and build the crawlers on your show and every $10.00 donation will get there name in a hat for a chance to take home a sweet ride not only would you be helping out a great cause you could also win .

Last year i donated a baja 5b and we gave the baja away at the rcx show we took in $3400.00 and since there are so many more on this awesome site i would be interested in doing the same here in fact crazyace from California who is a member on this site won the baja which was worth almost $2500.00 after all the baja vendors helped me out and the hpibajaforums thanks Rob.

So i figure i purchase $800.00 or so of crawlers donate to this site and we can double the money that means we can help find the cure for the 3rd leading disease in the country i bielieve we can out do the total from the baja so what do you think Jason you interested.I was born in 1964 and was very ill found out at 3 back then it was nothing like it is now i am legaly blind dont drive anymore and i like helping my disease with charity.If you take a group of 10 people 1 out of that group is diabetic 1 does not know he is so lets put a helping hand to this .Thanks for your time i understand if your not interested .

Thanks
Chris Kasper

Last edited by kasper; 04-01-2009 at 04:48 PM.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I like ThnCS ideas!
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
RCC Addict

How about less "set the camera in the corner of the room and forget about it"...

More action.

The little bit Ive seen was pretty boring.

More close up crawling action.
youngblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
How about less "set the camera in the corner of the room and forget about it"...

More action.

The little bit Ive seen was pretty boring.

More close up crawling action.
The show isn't about "crawling action"

I am talking about the RCCtv live show, which has never just stuck the camera in the corner with some rigs crawling.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Yes, choosing lines. X3 especially good for newbs that haven't had too much drive time. Maybe a sub plot of uphill/climbing do's and don'ts
I also like that idea, to help the newbs out and we might even learn somethig we didn't know before.
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
Debunking old stereotypes

New product reviews are always helpful, as are how-to's on almost any subject.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I'd love to see a super budget comp capable Duratrax CC build. Everyone is looking to save a buck.

You could call it the broke mofo mini berg.

If you need any specific ideas for the build I've got lots.
brokenb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

How about taking the top 5 "how to's" in the forum, whether it be newb or pro fab deals, and doing a workup on each topic. Reading posts is always helpful for something like that, but showing in realtime and talking about the little minute details you can't always post is better. I think newbs and pros alike could both benefit from a show like that. Granted you might not retain an audience of really big names, but I'd guarantee a ton of newcomers would be all over that one. Afterall, it's the new guys that keep this hobby/sport growing
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

More Natty Lite and possibly a funnel

I like the 'live" builds so far.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Super build
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
What some of the top drivers bring with them to the events and there pit boxes and such.
I am going to be a JDRF diabetis charity raffle i am looking at purchasing three crawlers and i am also looking into some of the vendors to donate some of there product and build the crawlers on your show and every $10.00 donation will get there name in a hat for a chance to take home a sweet ride not only would you be helping out a great cause you could also win .

Last year i donated a baja 5b and we gave the baja away at the rcx show we took in $3400.00 and since there are so many more on this awesome site i would be interested in doing the same here in fact crazyace from California who is a member on this site won the baja which was worth almost $2500.00 after all the baja vendors helped me out and the hpibajaforums thanks Rob.

So i figure i purchase $800.00 or so of crawlers donate to this site and we can double the money that means we can help find the cure for the 3rd leading disease in the country i bielieve we can out do the total from the baja so what do you think Jason you interested.I was born in 1964 and was very ill found out at 3 back then it was nothing like it is now i am legaly blind dont drive anymore and i like helping my disease with charity.If you take a group of 10 people 1 out of that group is diabetic 1 does not know he is so lets put a helping hand to this .Thanks for your time i understand if your not interested .

Thanks
Chris Kasper

I like this Idea. I have also been a diabetic since I was 15 and after 14 years this type of charity event helped out alot. I would be in for something like that. Heck maybe I can get another crawler JK.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote