Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Hustler 2.2 tube chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hustler 2.2 tube chassis

Is the Hustler 2.2 tube chassis really worth $330? I even think the HBZ Warthog for $185 is expensive. Do these chassis really make that much of a difference?
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I personally have a Bastard jr. and although I traded for it, I still can't see paying over $200 for even the recluse, just becuase of what it resembles. I think over that mark is beyond reason. JM.02
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I just got a 2.2 Hustler in a trade. I am the 3rd owner (I believe?) of this chassis. I am sure the 2 previous owners put this thing to the test and there was not one problem with it when I got it!

With what little time I have running it it has performed prettty good.

But I highly doubt I would have paid the $320 asking price for a New Hustler. I don't think they are ripping anyone as it is made with good materials and workmanship. That's just more then I personally would spend.

Their Bastard Jr. looks like a Sweet setup and at a more attractive price

Then there is the New TCS Eclipse Tuber that not only looks "KillahZ" but has a "Killah" price to!
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Remember that the Hustler 2.2 also comes with upper and lower links and 4 link mounts for the axles. Tube chassis will always vary in price because of the labor involved in making them. If they are mass produced out of the country they will be cheaper. If they are made by hand here in the usa they will be more expensive. It must be worth the price since they are always sold out of them
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

this is 1 of 2 hustler 2.2s i have...the outher is new in the wrapper. im gonna throw some bully comp 2.2s under it soon. all i can say is works like no outher chassie ive ever ran and Hand made in the USA..nuf sed
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Agood mate of mines got one,theyre proberly well worth it if your going to go tuber,as culetto said ,they come with links ,plates ,and internal springs for droop,all you need is running gear ,and they handle so well!
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
Agood mate of mines got one,theyre proberly well worth it if your going to go tuber,as culetto said ,they come with links ,plates ,and internal springs for droop,all you need is running gear ,and they handle so well!

LOL, im the good mate that has one Hey ya Nick ^^^^^^

The hustler 2.2 is completely hand built not jig built like its big brother the SUPER, I have owned mine for about 2 years now and I give it death and it looks like it too. It took a 5-6 foot drop at the last comp on to rocks and I thought for sure it would have broken it but no, all it did was knock the wind out of the tyres lol. When the kit comes complete with links and such the price does go up but I wouldnt trade, sell or change my hustler for anything I love it.
You wont regret buying one thats for sure
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote