Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Please evaluate my link set-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Please evaluate my link set-up

I recently built a new rig with an SPV2 chassis w/ Wheely King axles,trans and motor. The articulation is almost perfect, not too much and not too little. The problem I am having now is torque twist. its not enough that it lifts the wheel, (front's are weighted) but the chassis itself is twisting and unloads my shocks. I have moved the links around and had no luck. If someone could take a look at my rig and give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BrentH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Its been my experience that TT is more easily controlled with shock settings than link settings. Make sure your springs and oil arent too light as a start. Without a belly shot its hard to check out your link mounting positions.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Here is a belly shot - now that I think about it, i think my lower links may be too far apart.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I actually answered my own question...lol. I moved my lower links in which created a reverse triangulation and damn near eliminated all of the torque twist. The remaining bit thats left should be corrected by adding some internal springs to my shocks and increasing the weight of the shock oil.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Good news you got it sorted so easy. I found upping the shock oil to 80w on my axial to really help with the same situation. Going to a full spring shock setup will also rectify the problem I found ;)
LincolnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

yup thats exactly the way to do it, now play with your upper links at the frame end changing the virtical distance between them upper and lowrs, this will change your squat/anti-squate and you will probably be able to get that last little bit to go away
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

also, if you run your rear links asemetrical, i.e the left slightly higher than the right, it eliminate tt as well.

id suggest doin that prior to takin shocks apart and getting covered in oil
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
yup thats exactly the way to do it, now play with your upper links at the frame end changing the virtical distance between them upper and lowrs, this will change your squat/anti-squate and you will probably be able to get that last little bit to go away

More distance apart at frame = squat
More distance apart at axle= anti-squat
And by double triangulating the links you also have created little or no axle steer during articulation.
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for all of the tips. I moved my lower links in, used internal springs in my shocks and added 80 weight shock oil. Everything seems to be perfect at the moment. Took it out for a test this afternoon and to my surprise my rig works perfect. no TT at all. Thanks for all of the tips!