Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How Does This Look??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Offset Maxx Wheel Adapters – 34.99 – rc4wd.com <~ buy from a RCC vendor (ace or bender)

Front and Rear Clod Axles/Gearcases – 129.99 – rc4wd.com <~ look in F/S forum or ebay

303 Steel Axle Kit – 2 @ 24.99 – rc4wd.com <~ get the TTR CVD's. I think Kevin at the crawlerstore carries this stuff

TracGear Locker – 2 @ 34.99 – rc4wd.com <~ Lock your diff with some JB weld, or whatever the Clod people do

Aluminum Knuckles – 2 @ 39.99 – rc4wd.com <~ just don't get them
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Dean's plugs can be a little stiff, but they're better than power poles hands down.

i've spun hexes with my E-Maxx with stock Titan motors (granted i was running 12 cells) but the torque multiplication is MUCH greater in a low-geared crawler than a wheelie-machine Maxx. the 23mm setup is definitely the way to go. there are Clod 23mm adapters in the for sale section here. support the site. these guys are tools, but they're good tools

rock rings look like fat beadlocks and keep your wheels from getting snagged on rocks, like if the rig slides sideways, a pointy rock will jab into the center of the rim and then yer stuck. with a dish wheel, there's nothing for a pointy rock to jab into. unless it's really pointy and you're really unlucky. they're not all that great looking (think stadium truck wheels) but they should work. this picture should give you the idea:
Attached Images

microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #23

Thanks for all the help guys.

So what do i actually need for stock axles? What are necessary upgrades? I thought axles tubes and knuckles broke a lot, was this bad info??
ScMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #24
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScMc
Thanks for the info Jason. I cant believe im talking to a rcdriver writer!! Thats awesome. I've known you since the 2001 days of maxxtraxx but i doubt you still remember me. You gave me a custom title and everything

I have a question. What do u think about full time 4ws for non-competitive crawling? I dont feel like i NEED independant steer...

Also what did you mean about the "ears on one case" ?
I'm just a regular guy that gets paid a lil' to enjoy the hobby. Pretty lucky.

If you start off without 4WS you'll be doing 21 point turns to get lined up for the obstacle.

Even at home you'll soon get tired of this...and wish you'd gone with 4WS from the start.

Ears...you know...the plastic mounting tabs.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta

Ears...you know...the plastic mounting tabs.
gotcha.

Well i do have one of those 94358z servos so i might have to pull it out of my Tamiya TNX.
ScMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #26
MODERATOR™

I'd do TheCrawlerStore's NN, their TQ3, HiTec 645s, and find used axles. Add bearings. Forget anything aluminum, drive light footed. Keep your costs down, and have the extra cash in reserves or spares, or a few different tires/wheels. And get good batteries. Use Clod wheels and Giant Tracs, or Maxx wheel adapters, Maxx wheels, and tires from Proline.

Independant rear steer is the shizzy.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote