Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Integy crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Integy crawlers?

Caus this looks bad ass. I'm still on the fence about shaft / moa but this thing looks killer.

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...31&p_catid=107
knuckleslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

does anybody know this Integy Crawler? I'm just thinking about to get one and being very interessted in your opinions.

Greets from Switzerland

Nico
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Save you money! Almost everything on that rig is a rip off from other companies! For $699 you can do much better!!!!! For $699 send me that $ and I'll build you a real Hustler super, with clod axles. Seriously, look at the vendors on here and build your own Super! That rig is a rip off!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
For $699 send me that $ and I'll build you a real Hustler super, with clod axles. Seriously, look at the vendors on here and build your own Super! That rig is a rip off!
you've got the deal! Please let me know your banc account!

No, seriously; where can I buy the hustler as a complete roller; I saw it at rcpcrawlers, but it is out of stock (stage 2 roller). And for buying all the parts by myself I'm not good enough (Newbie).

If you can make this favour for me, I'll gonna send you the monney within the tax for the shipment (Switzerland; take care, that will take some money) and you'll make me a perfekt bundle. Deal?

I wanna have it as 4-Wheel-Steering an with locked Axels. Tires i guess the MOAB XL was best and Rims just something awsome in black.

Thanks for your quick answer and regardes from the country of Swiss Army Knives and Chocolate

Nico
Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You don't want that thing dude. Integy already has a very bad reputation for parts around here, it doesn't take too long looking around threads to find someone complaining about something made by them. I can't see a complete ARTR rig from them being any different.

I built up a Hustler w/ Berg axles, twin FX-R's, Hi-Tec 7955TG's, LiPo powered, pretty much did'nt cut any corners and built exactly what I wanted and it still came up to less than 7 bills. I know Hustlers are hard to come by these days but the point is, take your money and put it aside until you've done a little research and have learned a little more about Super class rigs.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Save you money! Almost everything on that rig is a rip off from other companies! For $699 you can do much better!!!!! For $699 send me that $ and I'll build you a real Hustler super, with clod axles. Seriously, look at the vendors on here and build your own Super! That rig is a rip off!
If you could get Kenny to really take you up on that, and you properly funded him, you would be soooooooo much better off in the long run. You'd get a rig that was thoughtfully assembled from quality components that actually performs on the rocks, not some cheap copy made to look more attractive with a bunch of pretty anodizing. Fancy finishes won't help you get on the podium.

I looked at that thing again, and realized how blatantly they horked the Hustler. Other than the stupid looking and questionably functional "star-mounts" it's a straight up copy.

Doesn't RCP/Team Carnage Crew have any kind grounds for some kind of infringement here? That's so blatant it makes me seriously wonder if Integy is based in China. The Chinese have absolutely no scruples of any kind when it comes to making cheap sub-standard knock-offs of someone else's hard work and profiting from it...

Last edited by Big Mike; 08-26-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Doesn't RCP/Team Carnage Crew have any kind grounds for some kind of infringement here? That's so blatant it makes me seriously wonder if Integy is based in China. The Chinese have absolutely no scruples of any kind when it comes to making cheap sub-standard knock-offs of someone else's hard work and profiting from it...
They really only have a claim if they have a patent or copyright on the design. Its been my impression that this industry moves way too fast to make such time consuming legalities cost effective. Even if it was a patented or copyrighted design, it doesn't take much to slightly alter the design and make it your own. As long as it isn't exactly like the protected item, your golden.

US patents and coyrights are only recognized in the US. If someone in another country wants to copy and produce it, they can. Not entirely ethical, but perfectly legal. Happens all the time.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I second everyone here I have had limited exp with them but the few things I do are not 100% Got C hubs for my AX and one side is kinked so that when I cinch down the kingpins it binds. Friend got parts for his touring car few of the parts had small fractures in them. In this case and his it was too much to mess with returns due to shipping costs.

Good example of knock offs from HR, Ill never touch their products because of that.
http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item...#ilikepictures

Original design:
SPV2 - FLM Chassis Build

Good points ont he rights of design, just as a consumer dont support companies that prove to pull this crap. HR and Integy will never see me as a customer.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
They really only have a claim if they have a patent or copyright on the design. Its been my impression that this industry moves way too fast to make such time consuming legalities cost effective. Even if it was a patented or copyrighted design, it doesn't take much to slightly alter the design and make it your own. As long as it isn't exactly like the protected item, your golden.

US patents and coyrights are only recognized in the US. If someone in another country wants to copy and produce it, they can. Not entirely ethical, but perfectly legal. Happens all the time.
That's what I was wondering, if they actually took the time and expense to legally protect the design. It's not a cheap or easy process and for a product of this nature it would probably ruin the bottom line.

And you're right, even if they did the Chinese just pretty much don't care and they'd do it anyway if they felt they could profit from it. Because legally there's nothing a U.S. based corporation could do about it...
Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
That's what I was wondering, if they actually took the time and expense to legally protect the design. It's not a cheap or easy process and for a product of this nature it would probably ruin the bottom line.

And you're right, even if they did the Chinese just pretty much don't care and they'd do it anyway if they felt they could profit from it. Because legally there's nothing a U.S. based corporation could do about it...
I think mfg's will go through the expense on a rig as a whole, but not its individual parts. As popular as the TMaxx is, I don't know that I've ever seen a knock-off. I have however seen a blatant 5B copy. Nearly identical, parts are interchangable even.

They probably depend on the consumer and supporters of the hobby to spread the word on the bad guys, like we are doing now.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Default Integy Crawler

Yeah it looks good, but does it perform as good as it looks. Thats the question. I've had some Integy parts over the years and I haven't been happy with most of them. The one thing that has done great by me from Integy was parts for my E-Maxx years ago. They have been in plenty of crashes over the years and never let me down yet. But lately all I hear is people complaining about their parts and their lack of performance. Maybe they have step there game up over the past few years. I just don't Know.:?
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I know where a guy is trying to give one of those away for 250 brand new. If he still has it
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Allright everybody; you got me. When you Pro's are telling me that, I'll believe you and would keep my hands off the Bling-Bling Integy products. Thank's for opening my eyes.

I guess that a Hustler Super will be the right choice. So I've the problem to get one. It could be a Kit, but it has to be complet; within Axles, Wheels, Suspension a.s.o. (without electronics; I've every thing I need).

Can somebody out there help me? I can send you the money you need and you have to send me afterwards the Hustler. That would be very kind.

Thanks again for your help; I'm going forward to get a Hustler Junior Driver!

Greets

Nico
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

So anybody is able helping a swiss guy to getting a hustler?

That would be great guys!

Thanks and regardes

Nico
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #15
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodrive01 View Post
So anybody is able helping a swiss guy to getting a hustler?

That would be great guys!

Thanks and regardes

Nico
Buy a star first.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

Then go nuts.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...earchid=894157
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:48 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
I don't understand it, but i'll gonna buy a star; if it is helping to get help for finding a hustler...

Greets

Nico