Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: thinking i made a misstake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default thinking i made a misstake

well i trade my fully capable bastard jr for a cdw comp chassis, well i got it set up but im not sure if im really satisfied, im regretting my change, i had my bastard dialed in good but wanted a change, didnt realize it would make such a big differance, i think it is having to screw with a body, i like how narrow the cdw skid is but dam there is just no room to put my electronics in it, im running the axial tranny, might be differant with the moa,,,,,,,,,,if you have bastard jr, DONT GET RID OF IT, i wish i hadnt now, i know with some tinkering i can get the cdw the way i want it but it seemed to me the bastard was really really easy to get tuned in
lizard017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Well crack open a Crunk and get busy boyee!

Yeeeeaaahhh!
Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Newer isn't always better. Ask any of the quality drivers on this site (I am not one of them) and they will tell you that seat time is the most important to any crawler. You must learn it, tune it, drive it. The CDW is not junk, but it is completely different than a tuber. You just learned a valuable lesson and you won't make the same mistake again.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

this is better!
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Well crack open a Crunk and get busy boyee!

Yeeeeaaahhh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
this is better!

What would happen if you mix them together
Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeepee View Post
well crack open a crunk and get busy boyee!

Yeeeeaaahhh!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeaaaa h
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I too, am starved for room on my new rig. (the bastard jr.) I was pretty happy with the performance and it's comp. capabilities but wanted to try something different and have a tuber for my self to play around the kids at the Active kids events. I used to have the dig, but now cant fit it in where I'd like so now I'm dig-less and more top heavy but I'm having a ton of fun trying to engineer things the way I want them to be. I've been through 4 different link setups so far and am still working on the front setup for the uppers as well as a new delrin skid. I'm REALLY sorry your un-happy with the CDW. If you'd like I can help you set up the electronics like they were previously. I had to mount the ESC on the rear links or a plate that was made when I first got it from Tanis. I will send it to you as well as my VF dig with the custom fullsize servo mount if it will make you feel better about the trade. I'd just like you to be happy and not hold any discontent towards me. I could make you a tray as well to fit in the frame sides.
I'm sure if you look at hellheadeds' CDW or some others, you'll find out how comp. worthy they truely are. They might have some tunning tips as well. I just talked with Tanis yesturday, and his LB is set up with the same configuration as his CDW, both have the same articulation and seem to be only limited by their link or shock setups. Let me know how I can help.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote