Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Jato shocks?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Arrow Jato shocks?????

I am wondering the length of the jato shocks? Im running stock e-maxx shocks right now and am looking to get a shock that is a little shorter but not much. These seem to be a good option because of the cheap price, and they come with the ball end on both sides. Also for those running them. How do they work? If I get them what are some things to look for? Leaks? Weaknesses?
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

they are perfect for a chassis like a slingshot, not to mention they are the strongest shocks you can get and have never leaked once
Mr.Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Do you have a measured length on them? The shortest I can go is 75mm. Im running my maxxes limited to 95mm when fully extended. I really like the loosk of those jato shocks if they're the right size they're mine.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think they are the same as the Revo shock , 87mm eye to eye fully extended & about 68mm compressed (w/o the bumpstop )at roughly 21mm in diamiter .
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

The Jato shocks are the same as the Revo/Slayer/ect shocks.... Except the Jato shocks are composite (plastic) body and the Revo shocks are aluminum body.
Both are great shocks, they are some of the BEST shocks currently available, but since the aluminum ones are only $8 more... I would recommend getting the (Revo) aluminum shocks.

Jato: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/19193

Revo: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3422
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Before you go to some name brand store to buy them look on ebay. I got a set of Revo GTR's last week for $30 or so brand new. You will pay $60 or more from an online store. Find someone who parts out Revos like this guy and buy em cheap!!!
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I picked up a set of all 4 new jato's for $17 off fleabay. So I think these will be the official best bag for your buck shocks ever. Well see how they work out for me. Ill let everyone know once I get them and have time to set them up right.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
MSB
Quarry Creeper

i got my revo's off ebay for i think $23 shipped a couple of years ago and other than the diameter, they are hands down the best shocks i've ever used
MSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Suck it up!

I've run the Revo's on my super, and currently have a pair on the back of my 2.2.

They are easily a couple of years old, were beaten hard when on my Revo, getting kind of worn out ( the shaft wobble when extended), never been rebuilt and have never, ever, EVER leaked a drop. All I did was pull them out of the drawer, wipe the dust off, change the oil, and bolt them on.

My only complaint is that they don't make them longer.

The trick to keeping good articulation is to mount them fairly close to the center of the axle.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 04-18-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I got the shocks in and promptly installed them. The first thing that struck me was how big around they are. WOW huge. Not a big deal though. They went together like butter and work super smooth. I ended up using the greens in the rear and made a quick run to my local hardware store to pick up a variety of springs because I run a droop setup in the front. I got it all set up but the front is too stiff now. I was wondering if anyone knows how well the mini-t springs fit in these shocks. All the springs I got from my LHS are too stiff. Ill get pics up when I get a chance.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Try it without springs in them. Works for me!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I tried that setup with my last shocks and the front was WAY too floppy. It made the truck really hard to control. Im gonna try to pick up a set of the mini t springs tonight and see how they work out. Oh yah Took some quick pics with my cell. sorry for the fuzz ness.

Last edited by theslowguy; 04-21-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I think I may just have to get a set and try these out!
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I use these with a slingshot, apart from the fact that they are BIG, these are some nice shocks. I can almost compare them with some kyosho superten rears I also used for some time. My only problem is that they keep my chassis high (3.2in.) with chisels. I tried them with jato .07 front and .09 rear and it is a nice setup. When I try to lay them beyond the third hole in the front, I get serious rubbing to the point that my steering is severely limited. I also use narrow (1in) rims. Maybe I will resort to wheel extensions.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Yah I noticed last night while I was running my truck that I have slightly less steering because of how big around they are. I have to keep working on the setup and get it dialed in.