Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Best crawler for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Best crawler for me?

Ok well heres the deal. I broke my nylint crawler twice so I want something sturdy is the axail scorpion a good crawler for me
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The axial based crawlers are a proven platform that have tons of aftermarket support for every part on them. Depending on what your budget looks like I'd recomend either the ARTR or the new RTC, downside of the RTC is it has all plastic suspension links, and fairly cheapo electronics on it that will need upgraded, the ARTR has the aluminum suspension links, but you need to shell out for all of the electronics right off the bat.
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate08 View Post
The axial based crawlers are a proven platform that have tons of aftermarket support for every part on them. Depending on what your budget looks like I'd recomend either the ARTR or the new RTC, downside of the RTC is it has all plastic suspension links, and fairly cheapo electronics on it that will need upgraded, the ARTR has the aluminum suspension links, but you need to shell out for all of the electronics right off the bat.
I agree, the ARTR you can pick your electronics plus you already have aluminum links.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

get a star and check the for sale section-- there are some screamin' deals to be had! I'm lovin' my used comp AX-10. I got a rig with (almost) all the bells & whistles I wanted, at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by Jeep-Power; 06-10-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling & additions...
Jeep-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #5

I just got a used comp lvl. AX10 about a week ago too, and I love it. I love how it performs, and I love how easy it is to get any aftermarket part imaginable so easily and most everything is a simple bolt on. Such a refreshing change from my 1:1 Jeep CJ-5 rock crawler i've built! There are LOTS of used AX10's to be had for good prices, too. I can get one on my local craigslist area for under 300 for the ARTR kit with all the electronics, too, so look on here, look on craigs, look on ebay, you'll find the one for your style and budget. Good Luck!
Skysthelimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

yup go axial and dont look back just dont get the rtr kit. the ax-10 is a great truck! they are bullet proof! i bashed mine for an hour and a half yesterday and played bumper trucks with my friend and his axial and neither of us broke a single thing all day only thing i tore up was my old body
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #7

I've got a couple for sale http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180551I'm pretty flexible on price too
dezu is offline   Reply With Quote