dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon93 View Post
Where can I find sportsman class rules.
No such thing.

There are 3 classes, 1.9, 2.2 and Super.

2.2 is the most popular, followed by 1.9. Check the rules section under competition for a link to the full USRCCA Rules.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

bprca (ckrc) run a novice and a pro 2.2 class, biggest difference is novice runs no dig, pretty sure 95% of the rest is the same as nats rules except the clock does not stop for a repair
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Guys around here are wanting to run sportsman class rules. I would rather just run 2.2 rules myself , it isnt always about whos got dig and who doesnt. Every Dog has his day and some days may be good crawling than others.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I think a sportsman class would be a good idea to have for us broke bastards that cant afford digs, comp chassis, 4ws, or the high dollar radios to operate it all. I built mine and would love to run 2.2 comp but Im not about to dump the coin for all that
TBex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I think if there were to be a sportsman class to make it el cheapo, No Lipos, 1 Servo only, maybe have a spec tires. I like to make improvements and chassis changes, etc. Whats next a SPEC crawler class GIMME A BREAK!!

Sportsman (AKA SPEC) = not for me!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
20K Club

If it is something a local club does than your best bet will be to check in that regions section. That specific club will probably either have a listing or at least someone who can tell you what they run in their area.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

We are out in wyoming isnt really nothing out here, I wanted to see another areas rules if they had any posted just for an idea
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

all the high dollar crawlers should not intimidate newbie's. most guys i know that have million dollar crawlers drive like s**t ,its pretty funny actually. i crawled all season (my first) on a stock RTR ax-10 with no dig and some (cheap)upgraded parts and remained upper mid pack all season. i was'nt out to go to the finals, just for fun and experience. every dog has his day, and this hobby is full of rookie upsets, so get out there and quit hiding your sack:-P
the kil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Exactly !!! The same guy isnt gonna win always, I have 2 trucks with dig and others without. Some days I can do better with out dig. My first tuck my SW2 has no dig and a pede tranny and goes place my DMG or SWX wont go .
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

taken from nercc.net (new england rock crawlers)

Sportsman Class

Bodied vehicles:

* 1/8th or 1/10th bodies that should resemble its original form with minimal cutting.
* Wheelbase to match body's intended wheelbase, up to a 1/2" allowed difference.
* Full frame chassis only, comp chassis not allowed. Chassis minimum length to be no less than the corresponding wheelbase
* Tires must be partially covered by the body

Bodiless vehicles:

* Bodiless vehicles must resemble a 1:1 vehicle to include hood & grille ( Jeep, FJ40 etc)
* 1/8th or 1/10th scale tuber that must be a self-supporting, structurally complete, rigid frame as long as the intended wheel base

* Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
* Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 channels radio control (One for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function.
* No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed.
* Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class
* Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC only
* Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles
* A battery limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly) to be located in/on vehicle chassis.
* Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 5.5 inches.
TrickyNickro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The club that I belong to, Team-SVSC.Com, is also running a sportsman class series that we started in march of this year. It's very popular with the club members, as well as making it attractive to new comers. Most of us, myself included, basically used all of the left over parts from doing upgrades to our comp rigs. I call my rig 'scrappy' because it was built from scrap parts!

The wheelbase and width rules are the same as a 2.2 comp class. We don't allow a dig or rear steer and you are limited to either a 2s LiPo or a 7 cell battery pack. ( 8.4 volts). You must have a body, how you mount it is up to you. We decided to do this so that anyone with a RTR Axial rig would have a place to compete as well as a low dollar rig. I personally have a blast running my Sportsman class rig. It's a completely different style of driving, compared to the comp rig. The lower power also makes it fun because you just can't pull the throttle and plow over an obstacle, you have to pick a managable line and drive it.

Please feel free to check out our club website to look at our guidelines. It would be simple for any club to adopt our rules for use of their own Sportsman class. The competition is tight, but it's still a lot of fun.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

To many classes to me equals to much headache!! I went to a full on Comp in Denver for my very first comp with a SW2. I was up against BENDER and others, It was Awesome needless to say I have 7 2.2 crawlers now. I know I have way to many as some people say but I got hooked.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #14

Default Re: Sportsman Class Rules

Why don't the rules just state everybody run the same axial ax 10 or wraith & everybody will be happy... too many guidelines to truly enjoy these competitions. I personally love a duel moa with 4 wheel steer and mean articulation. That's exciting, not seeing wraith after a wraith, no offence but I like variety and unique rigs. I've owned the most expensive name rig to currently a cheap built redcat rs 10xt w tuber chassis and it will outperform any $1000 rig out there.
bigcountry krawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Whoa, this thread is almost 5 yrs old

Alot of information, parts and rules have changed. You can't really say only one style of stock axle/chassis can be allowed unless your local club wants a spec class.

Also rear steer isn't allowed in usrcca 2.2pro afaik. Sorrca c3 does allow it though.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry krawlr View Post
a cheap built redcat rs 10xt w tuber chassis and it will outperform any $1000 rig out there.

just a heads up, you posting in a 5 year old thread..
fj40jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry krawlr View Post
I've owned the most expensive name rig to currently a cheap built redcat rs 10xt w tuber chassis and it will outperform any $1000 rig out there.
joke of the week? Sure made me laugh

You tote around a trailer for your balls? They gotta be huge....
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote