Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: DNA Slingshot Delron + RC4WD Bully?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #1

Question DNA Slingshot Delrin + RC4WD Bully?

So I bought a set of the new Bully 2 axles and a new DNA Slingshot chassis to go with them. But turns out that while the chassis kit comes with links it does not provide Rod Ends.

What size Rod Ends do the links take? All of mine are too small inner diameter then what is used here. Any recommendations (bent rod ends?, brand, etc.)

The other thing, I'm trying to figure out is which set of wheels make a good partnership with the bullys, doesn't look like the standard Axial wheels have enough offset [the wheels are rubbing against the links at full turn - using a set of strait links I had lying around].

The RC4WD LowBoyz look intriguing, and also seems to have the maximum offset, but I think I'd like to go a bit more narrow (1.22in).

DNA makes some nice narrow wheels( 1in & 0.65in ) , but I can't seem to find any documentation as to the offsets (narrow doesn't solve my rubbing issue).

Last edited by CoolRC; 06-22-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo
CoolRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I have a Slingshot SE sitting here that im borrowing (i missed playing with a shafty) and it uses the 4mm revo ends. Im pretty sure these are the stock links but im not 100%

If you can thread an m3 bolt into the end of the link its an axial sized, if it just falls in then its an m4 revo sized.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yep, they use Revos....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

When I build links I use Revo rod ends on the lowers and Pede rod ends on the uppers the uppers never get the abuse the lowers do and the Pede rod ends are a little smaller.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Revo rod ends, or Jato rod ends if oyu need a little more length.

with Bully's your gonna want to run AX offset wheels. The DNA wheels work awsome and they give a 10" track width on axial axles ao it should be the same on bully's. To get your inner measurements if its a 10" tw then you would have 8" between them.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #6

Default DNA Slingshot Delrin + RC4WD Bully?

Thanks, I've ordered up a couple packs of Revo and one pack of Jato rod ends.

I'll post up some pics once I get all the geometries worked out [might need to use a couple small spacers here and there and perhaps some longer 12mm hex adapters / different wheels / shorter tires to prevent everything from colliding with everything else upon full articulation / full steer].
Old 06-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm in the process of building up a Bully on a custom chassis made by HomerJ on here and I use revo rod ends on both the uppers and lowers. As far as the wheels, right now I'm using a set of mayhems I had for my axial, but the offset still isn't enough IMO. The wheels get pretty close to the links and rub the shock bodies pretty bad if I don't turn the steering travel down a bit. I'll probably go with a set of Lowboyz myself, either that or get mayhem to make me a set of wheels with maximum offset.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #8

Default DNA Wheels

Build is going a bit slow, been busy with other work.

Decided to go droop, with this build.

Had some bent link lying around, it makes it a bit long for comps. but might be nice to play around with.

[IMG]http://a04-b04.mypicturetown.com/P2PwebCmdController/cache/BHuCf8%26-*zBPN_%3Dg6fbJ2w%26ln6Kk3EhQ5vcqFgsx1.S9C_F%26Um8m RjBb*OH/item.JPG?rot=1 3Dht%26_a.rRHKUW5NPF%3DOTz5%25h%26laBDI1Pb7*4EHDG-f-Ck*4q*/item.JPG?rot=1[/IMG]

You can see how much more narrow those 0.65 in Psycho wheels are than the standard Axial wheels.

[IMG]http://a04-b04.mypicturetown.com:80/P2PwebCmdController/cache/NDSXb*DcbHKrClpzBDliDQjGnHaTyQUgHtpY6SIW4kSSGxEdRe WC94M%2605Bn/item.JPG?rot=1[/IMG]

Last edited by CoolRC; 07-20-2009 at 11:17 PM.