Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Venom creeper or kyosho rock force?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 05:50 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Venom creeper or kyosho rock force?

Hi peeps. Ive been out of crawling for a while and focused more on the scale stuff.

However, my LHS are organising a crawling club, so i figured id better get one built!

So i took a trip to the LHs and they had a venom creeper, kyosho rock force and a few axials which ive had already. Well i opted for the venom and walked out with a smiley face, after an hour of looking through the boxes and manuals.

Ive now had a change of heart and fancy the kyosho. Ive started building the tube frame for the venom so i need to decide before building it any further.

The kyosho doesnt need any expensive drag brake esc/motor combos, but the front axle is a 3 link/panhard. Can it easily be made 4 link?

However, the venom has better wheels/tyres and better shocks.

Help me decide please, any opinions welcome. I know the LHS guys very well and he said he would trade me and give me the full amount back on the venom which is cool.

Any help is apreciated as which to go for.
4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The creeper all the way I actully have 3 a venom,axial & losi the losi bye far the best that I have but out of the box the venom compared to the axial is a better crawler!! Just my .02
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default creeper

I'd go with the creeper, you need to put money in any crawler, but I have had a great time with my creeper just changing things a little at a time.
the creeper has more steering and articulation out of the box, I don't have dig or a drag brake yet( running old super rooster I had laying around) but it is alot of fun, I think it impresses alot of the peeps in my club for what it can do stock,my club has a lot of seasoned pro's with Bergs and high buck rigs,not just local kids.
The tires I feel are the only thing they could have done better. You can sipe and drill holes in rims on stock and it helps dramaticly, but I eventually got some chisals (they are tall ,and work awsome) and did a shock mod( drilled holes lower then stock holes, 3/4 in more center clerance)
All in all I look foward to each mod I do to so who much better it gets, Know it is basicly electronics I need to swap out,esc,battery(lipo),a dig, and I think I'll be ready to drop some point real quick.
The venom is very easy to drive and alot of fun.

There is a artical in the new rc car action(venom on cover) see what they say.

my 2 cents

Thanks Tom (hope you stick with venom)

TomEGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
YSL
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4crawler View Post
Hi peeps. Ive been out of crawling for a while and focused more on the scale stuff.

However, my LHS are organising a crawling club, so i figured id better get one built!

So i took a trip to the LHs and they had a venom creeper, kyosho rock force and a few axials which ive had already. Well i opted for the venom and walked out with a smiley face, after an hour of looking through the boxes and manuals.

Ive now had a change of heart and fancy the kyosho. Ive started building the tube frame for the venom so i need to decide before building it any further.

The kyosho doesnt need any expensive drag brake esc/motor combos, but the front axle is a 3 link/panhard. Can it easily be made 4 link?

However, the venom has better wheels/tyres and better shocks.

Help me decide please, any opinions welcome. I know the LHS guys very well and he said he would trade me and give me the full amount back on the venom which is cool.

Any help is apreciated as which to go for.
depends on what you want..
Kyosho kits are expensive, but the quality is top notch..
i do agree that out of the box, RF 2.2 is not as competitive as the other brands..
regard the four link, yes, it can be done.
check out the Kyosho RF thread.

cheers
YSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input. If i four link the front do i need to use a rear link mount or can i use the front mount?
Also, will it clear the servo?

Cheers, Dan.
4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4crawler View Post
Yikes, not a true statement. The Kyosho needs just as expensive if not MORE expensive electronics. The whole drivetrain sucks power, requiring better motors and ESC's to get anywhere near the same output.

I have Axials, Losi CC, Venom, Rock Force, and Bergs. The Rock Force is the last kit I would suggest anyone buying. Bang for the buck, worst deal. MOA rigs are not more expensive then a full comp ready (meaning upgraded properly to minimize weak points) Axial. The Venom doesn't have much aftermarket support and probably won't get a ton of attention in the near future either. If you really want to compete then build a Berg. Otherwise I would say Axial or Losi, and a pretty tough choice between them.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote