Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: COMP rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default COMP rules

Hi i was just wondering if the the start line and finish line markers are consider live gates
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

i would say yes!!!

only reason why would be that if they were dead then you could run over the gate and go around a easy way. gate are live to get you to go through them there designed way.

my two cent.
NSR ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They're live just like any other gate but progress points aren't awarded for them.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Got Worms?

so touching the start markers or finish markers would give me 10 points but i don't get progress points for going through them, why would it be that way, i've been told that that progress points aren't give because they are just marking where the start of the course is and the end is, but if i try to turn it around on getting a penalty for touching them they are considered live gates and i get given points, it just isn't making sense in my head, can some one make a Gates for dummies book for me, cause i feel like a dummy right now
Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Just don't hit the gates.
You set your truck down to start, centered in the gates, drive straight ahead, and continue on through the course. I don't understand how that is difficult to figure out.
At most comps, all you have to do is break the plane of the finish gates. If you can't drive one tire between the finish gates and break the plane without hitting one, you need to practice more .
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I think is what he is saying is once you go through the start gate and have to go back through later to realign for gate 1 is that gate still live? That was my understanding.
ncalkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Suck it up!

If you're hitting the start gate, you probably shouldn't be competing in the first place.

I'm pretty sure when you pass the finish gate you get a progress point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncalkrawler View Post
I think is what he is saying is once you go through the start gate and have to go back through later to realign for gate 1 is that gate still live? That was my understanding.
Every gate is live untill you touch it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
Oliver Custom Knives

Start and finish gates are live untill the course is completed. NO progress points are given for the start or finish gates. A gate penalty will be awarded if a start or finish gate is touched by the driver or the drivers rig.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
If you're hitting the start gate, you probably shouldn't be competing in the first place.
At my first comp a few months ago I put my truck down on course two. Pulled trigger. timer started. truck glitched. hit start gate. -10 points. +10 on the obscene words
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
At my first comp a few months ago I put my truck down on course two. Pulled trigger. timer started. truck glitched. hit start gate. -10 points. +10 on the obscene words

sounds like you need to buy a spectrum or a 2.4g radio
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcj578 View Post

sounds like you need to buy a spectrum or a 2.4g radio
I'd only had my rig for 2-3 weeks before my first comp and was using the RTR TX:-(

Fixed that today, went and picked up my Ko Propo ex-5ur. It's nice having RPP being my LHS
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncalkrawler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
This is basically how it went, relating to both above, There was a sharp 90 degree turn right after the start gate and at that time i didn't have the dig setup up yet and i was backing up to get the car turned in the right direction and my car glitched backward causing it to run over the start marker
Old 08-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
This is basically how it went, relating to both above, There was a sharp 90 degree turn right after the start gate and at that time i didn't have the dig setup up yet and i was backing up to get the car turned in the right direction and my car glitched backward causing it to run over the start marker
GATE!
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote