Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rock force or losi comp crawler ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default rock force or losi comp crawler ?

out of the box ! witch one are the best preforming and durable crawler of these two ? and why?
crawlerswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
20K Club

Durability, hands down no question the Rock Force.

HOWEVER! Other than that the Kyosho has not one feature that is better than the Losi. The Rock Force isn't suited to carry the trail of broken CVD's the Losi will leave behind. Out of the box the Rock Force is a $300 kick in the crotch. It will take you another $500 to get the Rock Force to be half the rig the Losi is.

I own both, don't even consider for a second buying the Rock Force PLEASE!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

If ya buy one double check everything in the Losi section. If ya have bad spools and V1 CVDs PM Rich he will get ya fixed up This crawler is absolutely amazing box stock ( with the right CVDs/spools installed).
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

ok ! so i'll pick the losi ! whitch are the stongest cvd's , shaft's and spools for this rig then ?

I have an mambamax esc and lipos that will fit this rig like a glove !on the motor front i have some drill'ish motors from an newage crawlerkit and traxxas 23t titan 550's would one of these motors be good ?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerswede View Post
ok ! so i'll pick the losi ! whitch are the stongest cvd's , shaft's and spools for this rig then ?

I have an mambamax esc and lipos that will fit this rig like a glove !on the motor front i have some drill'ish motors from an newage crawlerkit and traxxas 23t titan 550's would one of these motors be good ?
Losi is getting the CVD's fixed, and the spools were only a small amount that had problems. As far as electronics, there are a lot of different setups working for guys. Sensored brushless seems to work really well though.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Durability, hands down no question the Rock Force.

HOWEVER! Other than that the Kyosho has not one feature that is better than the Losi. The Rock Force isn't suited to carry the trail of broken CVD's the Losi will leave behind. Out of the box the Rock Force is a $300 kick in the crotch. It will take you another $500 to get the Rock Force to be half the rig the Losi is.

I own both, don't even consider for a second buying the Rock Force PLEASE!

If you decide to go with the Losi TCS has them on sale cheap.
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/In-Stock-...1-p-17215.html
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

hm but What's the bad things about the rf ? and what makes the lcc so mutch better ?

the losi cc aren't aviable here in sweden :-( but i could order one from usa ofcourse but then i have to wait week's for spareparts grrr !
Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
RCC Addict

wait for the losi. the rockforce is as harley said" a $300 kick in the crotch" although i invested more than double that and it still isnt close to the driveability or support you will recieve from losi. go losi
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerswede View Post

I ran a Moped esc on 2s with 13 tooth pinion with a 21 turn titan 550... worked rather well.
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

howd u hook the motor up????
that sounds hela fun
cliffclimba:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I would go losi cc. Give it a little time and you will have tons of aftermarket for the CC. Any issues that come up with the CC will have the aftermarket if not the factory support to run things to the limits.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

i would choose the losi. i dont have either of them but have seen them perform. i like the added clerance of the worm drive axles and u cant beat the dig installed out of the box. my thought would be u would have to throw more money into the rock force to make it perform as well and then u could have just got the losi and upgraded it. but whatever u choose look around both of thier specific sections and come up with ur own pros and cons. good luck
TNredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Default Well Let See

I would go with the Losi Comp Crawler, because I've seen plenty of them perform really well at Rock Crawling Comps. I've only seen two Rock Force rigs in comps and one of them belong to a friend.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote