Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: MOA Losi or Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Default MOA Losi or Berg

I am thinking of building another rig and just wanted to get some feed back. Should I go Losi MOA, 2 guys in our club have them and they seem to work very well. However, the bergs always seem to do well too. I like the size of the Losi, but the strength of the Berg(CVD). Let me know what you think.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Bullly
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
Bullly
I would have to agree. The bully axles sell for $160 right now...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I have had both. I ran a Berg for the past year or so. This year I had a KK 4.0, 4PK, dual FXR's, 35T HH motors.....it was great. Got a little bored with it and bought a stock Losi when it came out. Then traded the Berg for a Losi with MOA kit. Haven't looked back. The Losi MOA is a little different and takes some getting used to, but I love it. I am a little leary of the CVD's, but the aftermarket will come to the rescue eventually. I like light rigs and my MOA Losi is 5 lbs even, RTR.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Berg is proven.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #6

Bully all the way a touch heavy but super strong.
bmaxx245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info, I kind of forgot about the Bully axles. What chassis do most run with these axles, SWX?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
Thanks for the info, I kind of forgot about the Bully axles. What chassis do most run with these axles, SWX?
anything you want pretty much, but the swx has some clearance issues on the bully I believe, I vote bully, cheap and effective, they aren't as popular as bergs now, but once rc4wd's reputation improves I hope we will see many
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

BERG MOA is the way. My preferance. You might see what will suit your driving ability and go with it. I don't like the cog of the losi moa
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
BERG MOA is the way. My preferance. You might see what will suit your driving ability and go with it. I don't like the cog of the losi moa
Just asking, what is it about the COG that you do not like?
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

the cog is no higher than a berg with clocked axles. I am getting things gathered up to build a losi MOA right now. I own a Berg and an axial so I thought I should tey this next. The CVD's are the only concern I have with it, But as stated before the aftermarket will take care of that before to long. There is one set out already but I refuse to spend my money with the vendor that sells them.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

If you setup a berg and a Losi MOA with all the same running gear, the COG of the Losi would be higher due to its light plastic axles.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

What about the New Berg V2 axles...... improved ?
Creepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 AM   #14
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
Do you have a Losi MOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
If you setup a berg and a Losi MOA with all the same running gear, the COG of the Losi would be higher due to its light plastic axles.
I have both of them, Berg and Losi MOA. I'd say my Losi COG is better. And you wouldn't set up a Berg and Losi the same? And just for arguement sakes I would like to see what a Berg axle with a 35T on it vs a Losi with Eritex MOA kit and a 7T puller on it weighs?

Less weight on my axle allows me to get the weight on my wheels then! I would rather have a lighter rig and be able to put the weight where I wanted to than have to work around the weight. I love my 3.5 Berg! But my Eritex Losi with the pullers on it is just sick!!!!! Even Jeff is driving a Losi right now (Kamikaze)!

Go with the MOA Losi The Berg guys are just getting scared that now there is something that can beat it! Again, I still have a Berg! But it's on the shelf for right now:-P

As for the CVD prob on the Losi....I wouldn't give the guys selling the new CVD a dime anymore And they are breaking left and right already! On the other hand Egressor has a sick CVD out though that everyone says is bullet proof! Check out his thread....http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188762

So buy the Losi, order the Eritex MOA kit http://eritexinc.com/zencart/index.p...products_id=38

Then order 2 7T pullers from Holmes Hobbies http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=17&page=1

Grab the new Punk RC Dig unit http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=28

Don't forget to put some new Panther Leopards on there! http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=322

Only thing left is to check out the build threads and videos on the Losi MOA's, build yours, and go kick so butt Daddy-0You'll love it! And even if you decided that it wasn't what you liked you will have a line of Berg owners that would trade you for it all day long!:-P

Last edited by TattooKenny; 08-31-2009 at 01:45 AM.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:54 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Default .

Berg
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
I run mine with the Beetlejuice chassis!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Do you have a Losi MOA?
No but I have driven one.

Quote:
And you wouldn't set up a Berg and Losi the same
I agree, just trying to make a point from an engineering standpoint. Let's say that you were running a berg and swapped the axles to Losi MOA and changed nothing else your COG would be a little higher. Enough to really matter? I don't know but technically I think it would be a little higher.

Quote:
I would rather have a lighter rig and be able to put the weight where I wanted to than have to work around the weight.
Again I fully agree that being able to place weight were you want is ideal. However when my berg went under the knife (machined the axle tubes and wheels) I knew I was raising my COG. The chassis is about as light as it can be so all my weight comes off from down low. Guess we are all just trying to find the balance between over all weight and COG location.

I love the way my berg drives but will be building and tuning a Losi MOA soon for a friend

I have a COG calculation spreadsheet I'll send you Kenny, you do your Losi and I'll do my berg and we can see who's truck comes out on top
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Rob, I would love to give your spread sheet a shot with my Losi, if I could;)
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

YGM. Hopefully I didn't put my foot in my mouth I hate the taste of leather.

Looks like I could still stand to loose some weight. A link to my build is in my sig...

Last edited by rob_b; 08-31-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for all of the feed back guys. I will have to think about it for a while. Ty