Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Have you gotten your upgraded chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Okay, guess I will wait until one breaks since that is what everyone else did and seems to think is right. You're right, it would be nice if they got the parts into hobby stores for purchase so you could just go pick one up whenever they break. As far as them sending out new axles, that is their call whenever you break one, it says to call them up and talk to them if it is under warranty.
MTUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 09:32 PM   #22
RCC Addict

You can't get a warranty claim on an automobile until something goes wrong w/ it.
If it is deemed your fault the part broke, your claim may be denied.

True Nylint doesn't require any proof of what happened before warrantying thier product.
That does not give anybody license to abuse thier kindness.

People that mislead companies for thier own benifit think it's a victimless action, when in fact it is a crime.
You may think ("Blah, Blah, Blah") but when Nylint has to pass it's loss on to it's consumers, including yourself then we can all thank you.

What if your axle Doesn't break?
My newest 1:6 drowned after 3 1/2 weeks of hardcore wheeling (as hardcore as it could handle) and never started to go bad.

Who knows, you may be a better driver than your friend & never break a thing.

Wouldn't it be nice to call C.S. & have your problem handled fairly quickly because the company is still in the black, rather than have to prove what happened 'cause people screwed them over so many times?

If you think the wait is long now, just imagine how much this would SUCK:

1) Paying & packing to send it to Nylint.
2) Waiting for it to get there.
3) Waiting for them to find &/or fix the problem.
4) Paying for them to ship it back to you.
5) Waiting to get it back.

And "what if" you get it back & something else breaks & you have to do it all over again?
My point is; Why create a problem (lie) just so you might save a little downtime now, just to pay for it later??
Just my $.02
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Raytard, excellent point. That is why I am not doing it, I never saw it from that angle. In fact, I pulled apart the rear axle and I think it has the upgraded axles in it anyway. I remember my friend saying something about them changing from pins and his new axle had splines on it. My axle has splines in the rear, so I am assuming it is the upgraded axle as is? What do the originals look like?
MTUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I just got a new 1/6th chassis from them the other day, last Wednesday to be exact. It must be the upgraded one. But I have no use for it now. Its up for trade in the Wanted forum.

Clark
SupermanWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Are the 2 chassis the same? for 1/6?
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I sent in an email about 2 months ago, got a response that they were sending a new chassis, and havent seen a new chassis show up yet. Might have to call them up.

I got impatient though, and since then, I've fixed my knuckle issues (see the Knuckle Fix thread here in the forum for info), so my chassis is at least OK for now.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

If you are still having issues not getting one email them again, chances are in 2 months they lost your address or took you out of the system.

My 2nd replacement chassis is on the way, busted the front diff in my old chassis, than took the upgraded one out for a little wheeling and it broke the first day. Emailed them and they got the next one out. Great service from my experience
Brian, aka XJFanatic.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:21 AM   #28

Thumbs up Breakage

Ok I can see everyone different point of view, but as a Jeep owner and from 10 years of real wheeling, things break and thats that, I know I put my 1:6 through some nice crawling, and yes I broke my front knuckle and stripped my rear end. BUT that is what wheeling and/or crawling is about. So in saying that if Nylint would just have a larger parts list that you can order online or at a store, I know 90% of us would have no problem buying I repeat BUY spare knuckles axels etc. to have them on hand when we do break them. I mean you can have this stuff replaced in about 15-20 min. and be back on the rocks. I hope in time that Fun Rise relize that everyone loves thier crawlers, and they put togther a larger parts list and/or beefier parts that we all can order. And yes we will order.:-P thiers my two cents.
jkoch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoch88
.... So in saying that if Nylint would just have a larger parts list that you can order online or at a store, I know 90% of us would have no problem buying I repeat BUY spare knuckles axels etc. to have them on hand when we do break them. ....
Heck yeah!! Thats what I want. I'd gladly drop $$ for new spare parts if they were available and easy to order online.

Although, I think aluminum upgrade parts would be even better, mabye from some place like www.inetrc.com. Metal knuckles, drive line parts, and a source for replacement gear boxes would just about do it for me.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #30

I had no Ill feelings calling nylint and getting the new upgraded chassis. Mine hadnt Broke, but the belt was slipping, and the steering was becoming even weaker than it was. Occasionally it would stop entirely when it would get in a bind that I feel it should have conquered.
I simply called Nylint to inquire about upgrades, and was offered a new chassis to replace my still working, but obviously weakening existing chassis. I now have the new chassis, and have also upgraded to my own accord the old chassis to use in wet conditions.
I wouldnt hesitate to get the new chassis, you WILL need it in time, and based on the ship time you could be out of the running for up to 5 weeks before your chassis gets to you.
As for the Argument that your car will not be repaired under warranty until something breaks, That is entirely False. If a new vehicle manufactured has a known weakness, the manufacturer under most circumstances will issue a recall to replace weak/dangerous parts. Nylint is doing this, in a way, by offering an upgraded chassis. There are obvious weakness and design flaws in the original design, and lack of aftermarket support or a full supply of OEM replacement parts, neccessitates the replacement of the chassis. If at sometime, Nylint chooses to resort to the "send it in and we'll fix it" mentality, I would say many people would simply return the toy to Wal-Mart and get another one, and another, and another, etc.. So in turn, you buy one, and end up with a new one every time it breaks to save the hassle of sending it away. This doesnt make good business sense, because y ou could effectively get a new machine every month, and only pay for one.
In My phone dealings with Nylint, They want their customers happy, and are eager to please, which is a good thing and lacking in most areas of retail experiences these days. They seem to be a stand up company.

Last edited by JUSTAHOBBY; 11-30-2005 at 12:17 PM.
JUSTAHOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTAHOBBY
I had no Ill feelings calling nylint and getting the new upgraded chassis. Mine hadnt Broke, but the belt was slipping, and the steering was becoming even weaker than it was. Occasionally it would stop entirely when it would get in a bind that I feel it should have conquered.
I simply called Nylint to inquire about upgrades, and was offered a new chassis to replace my still working, but obviously weakening existing chassis. I now have the new chassis, and have also upgraded to my own accord the old chassis to use in wet conditions.
I wouldnt hesitate to get the new chassis, you WILL need it in time, and based on the ship time you could be out of the running for up to 5 weeks before your chassis gets to you.
As for the Argument that your car will not be repaired under warranty until something breaks, That is entirely False. If a new vehicle manufactured has a known weakness, the manufacturer under most circumstances will issue a recall to replace weak/dangerous parts. Nylint is doing this, in a way, by offering an upgraded chassis. There are obvious weakness and design flaws in the original design, and lack of aftermarket support or a full supply of OEM replacement parts, neccessitates the replacement of the chassis. If at sometime, Nylint chooses to resort to the "send it in and we'll fix it" mentality, I would say many people would simply return the toy to Wal-Mart and get another one, and another, and another, etc.. So in turn, you buy one, and end up with a new one every time it breaks to save the hassle of sending it away. This doesnt make good business sense, because y ou could effectively get a new machine every month, and only pay for one.
In My phone dealings with Nylint, They want their customers happy, and are eager to please, which is a good thing and lacking in most areas of retail experiences these days. They seem to be a stand up company.

That is an execllent point. I was wondering to myself why people don't just exchange their broken truck for a new one. But I see that the answer is because Nylint has such great customer service. I plan on getting one of the 1:6 Scorpion trucks today if my Walmart has one. Seems like the easiest way to get into crawling since I don't have the time to finish my TLT project.
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:21 AM   #32

You can now purchase the new chassis with DriveTrain for 69$

http://www.funrise.com/media/pdf/nyl...equestform.pdf
Jiles111 is offline   Reply With Quote