Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Have you gotten your upgraded chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Have you gotten your upgraded chassis?

My buddy has broken both the axles in his crawler, and his knuckle was showing some wear, but Nylint told him they couldn't send him an upgraded chassis, they only sent the new axles. For those of you who got an upgraded chassis, what did it take for you to break for them to send you one? I haven't broken anything yet, but I expect to, so I would like to have the better one. Thanks, Christian

Last edited by MTUJeeper; 11-23-2005 at 05:44 PM.
MTUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #2

u sure his axle is showing where?lol did u mean wear?
bigtimecrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

broken front knuckle and excesive "where" on parts that shouldn't break
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Oh shutup, I am going to school for engineering, not an english major! lol
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Was it easier to call them or email? The axle hasn't broke yet, but we will see after my cousins get a hold of it tomorrow, so I figure I might as well get one on its way. The knuckle is already turning white from all the strain on it.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUJeeper
Was it easier to call them or email? The axle hasn't broke yet, but we will see after my cousins get a hold of it tomorrow, so I figure I might as well get one on its way. The knuckle is already turning white from all the strain on it.
i emailed them and it took about a month to receive it
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I always have had better luck calling them. It's faster. They are all great poeple over there. So just give them time. I'm sure there busy.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:04 PM   #8

Quote:
It is faster to call them for a replacment. I recieved my updated chassie in about 9 days after I called them. The trick is to actually talk to a person and not leave a message. It might take a couple of tries to get a person but well worth it. In my opinion the up graded chassie is a little better but still not quite there yet. Plastic just isn't strong enough where they have it. They need to make the plastic pieces that cover all the pins in all the alxes out of metal. That would help the strenghth in those areas alot. The pins in these areas want to spread the parts they come in contact with apart. The metal sleeve I call them would prevent this. I machined me some out of aluminum for my new upgraded chassie. I do like it though because I like to tinker with things and this takes some tinkering.
Gary
Wildmania2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

According to my friend who got new axles from them, the new axles were completely re-designed with no pins or plastic but had splines instead. Maybe it had plastic, but I know for sure he said it was splined without pins. Kinda funny that yours has pins.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #10

Quote:
According to my friend who got new axles from them, the new axles were completely re-designed with no pins or plastic but had splines instead. Maybe it had plastic, but I know for sure he said it was splined without pins. Kinda funny that yours has pins.
It could be possable that there is a upgraded "upgraded chassie" out now. I know the one I got I wasn't much in pressed with it upgrades. They were easy to spot though. metal deals on the nuckle with screws instead of pins. Threaded rod in the knuckle where the steering arm mounts. Bigger belts. Screws on the lower part of the shocks so the whole shocks can be removed easier.
Gary
Old 11-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I will give them a call tomorrow (if they are open) and discuss it with them.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Happy Turkey Day

I took my axle apart again to look to be sure I knew what I was talking about and I do see what your friend was talking about I think. On the old axles on the low gear assembly it was made of plastic with a pin through it and had a plastic sleeve around it. The pin or plastic would break there. On the new axles it is made of metal in that particular part I didn't take it apart any futher so I don't know how it is attacked to the axle shaft. Maybe this is where it is splind where I thought it was pinned since I didn't take it all the way apart. The other pins I was talking about are at the end of the axles where the stub shafts on each side mount into. Those look to be the same on both new and old axles. That is where I made my aluminum sleeves to fit over the pins. The pins puts alot of stress on the slot the pin rides in and the aluminum sleeve keeps it from spreading. Look on an other thread here call "I broke my front axle" Camojc has a picture on that thread on what I'm talking about. His broke where the pin slides in the slot. He had the up graded chassie. Hope this clears up on what I was trying to tell and yes I do see what your friend might of been talking about.
Gary
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
For those of you who got an upgraded chassis, what did it take for you to break for them to send you one? I haven't broken anything yet, but I expect to, so I would like to have the better one. Thanks, Christian
MTUJeeper . . . even though your not an "English Major" . . . . . can you spell "Fraud"????
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #14
06 Super National Champ

Wow...just wow.

Why do people want to try to take advantage of Nylint?

"I'll get'm on the way just incase."

You guys DO realize that folks from Nylint are on the forums, right?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #15

I got my upgraded the other day and I am not impressed. My rear axle started not to work just like the original. I have not even climbed anything with it. I dont know if I got a bad one, but I am very disappointed. I have not even been able to use a full battery charge with it and its been almost 3 months. I quess I will be calling them once again and see what they can do. The steering is not any better either.
megolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
Wow...just wow.

Why do people want to try to take advantage of Nylint?

"I'll get'm on the way just incase."

You guys DO realize that folks from Nylint are on the forums, right?
I am not trying to take advantage of them, I just know that I am going to be playing on the same rock course that my friend has broken his axles numerous times on, and don't want to be stuck without a crawler for a long period of time. If my friend hadn't broken any axles while playing on the course he has set up, I wouldn't be worried about it. I already see distinct changes in the coloring of my knuckle, which is just evidence of the strain and fatigue going into the knuckle. Yes, I know nylint is on the forum, and if I was doing anything I thought was dishonest I certainly wouldn't make it public. I am sure they know there is a problem with their axle design, and if it were me I would see no harm in having someone have the replacement parts on hand for WHEN their axle breaks so they can have as little down time as possible.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #17
06 Super National Champ

Um...

Folks break Clod axle tubes every week.

You don't see us calling Tamiya asking for free replacements.

Rationalize it all you want, I think it's wrong.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I don't think having axles warrantied (sp?) is wrong if that is their decision to send them to you. But then again I didn't think getting replacement parts ahead of time for something that is guaranteed to break was wrong either...so who knows...
Old 11-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #19
RCC Addict

My vote is your an idiot.I mean really it only cost you what 200 bucks and your whineing about a broken axle I guess next time I break an axles in my 600 buck clod I will call tamiya and see what they do.Its people with this mind set that put companys out of buisness.I have had unpleasnt dealings with nylint but then they made it right yes but from the sounds of it you kids are taking advantage of them.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:42 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I think nylint needs to get these parts out to the hobby shops and quit giving them away. I love my nylint, and I would love to see them evolve into more vehicles and designs. All these morons taking advantage of Nylint's customere service is going to put a damper on the future of these crawlers.
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote