Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RC Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #1

Default RC Truck

This is my new t-maxx i bought it a few years ago (second hand) played with it then stored it away i found it a while back i stripped it down and re built it bit at a time, replacing the plastic for alloy, i know this is not a crawler but i use it as one as it has a picco. 26 max engine in it brand new! in place of a standard old traxxas 2.5, its very powerful and very good for crawling around in mud n rocks and water etc....
i have just bought a winch for the front of it its not as powerful as i was hoping, i now know they are for trucks like those plastic, light weight tamiya ones wheres my truck weighs in at 4 kilos pluss, the winch struggles but with the help of the engine it will pull the truck up a hill but alone it struggles to cope with the weight so i made a snatch block for it and it has done the job nicely.

this is 1 of my custom tow ropes

i also made the rear bumper and added a towing hitch
on the front i made my own bull bar, first i cut out some foam shapes the cast them in alloy using the sand casting method.
this truck has a home made roll cage.
does anyone know where i can get some alloy wheel rims that will fit my truck and its tyres i wanted some of those ones that you crawler guys use that are usualy on land rovers i think ? the old landy style? not sure like triangles cut out.
any help would be apretiated thanks.

i added my own lights to this truck making them out of two mini torches i found at my local £1 store (this was before i found out i could buy some from ebay) but anyway they do the job and look the part

HI SORRY IF THE PICTURES AINT SHOWING IF YOU CAN SEE THEM WELL THATS A BONUS IF NOT AND YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM SHOW IN A POST LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME THANKS.

i know its highly un-relivant to this forum but i might as well add it, if anyone is or knows someone who is selling a HONDA XR400 motor bike please contact me somehow, my email is joebrighton123@hotmail.co.uk thanks.

Last edited by HONDA XR400; 09-23-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: pictures not showing.
HONDA XR400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default No pics

None of your pics came through. In case you didn't know, you need a "star" in order to post pics.

Sounds like you did a good job on your rebuild. Good luck crawling with it.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

HI SORRY IF THE PICTURES AINT SHOWING IF YOU CAN SEE THEM WELL THATS A BONUS IF NOT AND YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM SHOW IN A POST LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME THANKS.

Buy a star
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
you need a "star" in order to post pics.
No you don't.

Posting Pics For Dummies
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Still need to buy a star!!
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Who's your Daddy-0!

You can use Photobucket or the like to host your pictures then put them on here. Very simple to do;) Try that and post up your picts!

Buying a star has many benefits though daddy-0! Posting picts can be done right on the site, access to the forum classifieds, be able to enter the giveaways that gone on non stop on the board, get a bigger inbox for your PM's, get a custom avatar, Ect...... So go get your "Green Star" daddy-0! If you wana go big and get even more of the benefits, get a "Gold" star Either way, support the site daddy-0! It is worth way more then the $20 you will spend for it!

Just being able to buy out of the classifides will pay that off with the great deal you will find on here! Good luck and I hope to see you as a new "Member" next time we chat;)
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote