Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: jr bastard or tcs eclipse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default jr bastard or tcs eclipse

Which chassis is preferred? Jr bastard from rcp or eclipse from tcs? I use to have a gopher from tcs and loved it; would love to have another. not planning on competeing, just out to have fun. any info is appreciated
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I went from an edge to an eclipse, and love it. the only things that are downers are, only one shock mounting hole(no adjustability) and space is kinda sparse. but awesome design other than that. I was lookin to lower my center of gravity and lower the overall wieght of my ax10, and i got it. hope this helps
dgfordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #3

I'd get the RCP bastard jr. personally just because I like the way it looks.
Alexridesabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

none of above, I would go with slingshot. I know it is a tvp chassis, but it's very adjustable. Can't really go wrong with this. It can be used in just about any configuration on 2.2 or even super.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If you're set on a tuber, go with the Eclipse...very durable, compact and yes space is at a premium, but you can get creative.

A couple guys in our club have Bastards and they don't hold up well. They look killer, but a few hard hits and you'll be brazing on some replacement tube.

Go with what you like though
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

out of the two, i'd go with an eclipse. both are cool tubers but the eclipse looks a little better.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

thanks all. thinkin since I had good luck with my gopher, and what most people said im gonna go with eclipse on venom axles and axial tranny
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
If you're set on a tuber, go with the Eclipse...very durable, compact and yes space is at a premium, but you can get creative.

A couple guys in our club have Bastards and they don't hold up well. They look killer, but a few hard hits and you'll be brazing on some replacement tube.

Go with what you like though
Why not just send it back for a replacement? They will send you a new one if something fails.
My bastard with it's solid rod construction is more durable than the Eclipse=(made with tube) or an Edge. I've run all three, and the bastard is by far the most capable and comp worthy of them.
My Bully build is being done with one as well. It is very well balanced for a droop setup rig and "IF" you manage to bend a rod, (which I have) it can be bent back with no damage to the chassis. (try bending or tapping out a dent in an Eclipse)
The bastard is my top pick for tubers, but if you don't want to spend the coin for one than you should take a look at R2j Kustoms V2.2 tuber. Lots of adjustability killer looks and by far the toughest tuber out there and I'll add it's got the best price and electronics mounting options out of all of them. That's a fact!
Attached Images

Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #9

I have seen both and I prefer the bastard.... mainly because the eclipse has the geometries as the stock Axial chassis
elias15 is offline   Reply With Quote