Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SCORPION 1:6 now at Wal-Mart FINALLY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default SCORPION 1:6 now at Wal-Mart FINALLY

To get a 1:6 SCORPION, go to Wal-Mart and request item #725801. They will order it and get it in the store for you! They have TONS of them in their warehouses, but an inventory snafu prevented them from hitting the shelves until now.

Last edited by slashsplat; 12-07-2005 at 02:26 PM.
slashsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsplat
To get a 1:6 SCORPION, go to Wal-Mart and request item #725801. They will order it and get it in the store! They have TONS of them in their warehouses, but an inventory snafu prevente them from hitting the shelves.
Are they the upgraded chassis models?
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Models in stock

We are the licensor of the Brand, and not the manufacturer (Funrise) so I regret that I have no way to know! They are later production, I do know that. And they all have the same warranty.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. So how's it going with the spare/mod parts you were thinking about stocking ? The rear steer conversion comes to mind but I believe there were other offerings mentioned .
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default Mods...

Mods coming slowly. Funrise is just trying to keep the orders flowing. We will post when we have timelines... At least the 1:6 Scorpions are finally available at W-M by order, and shortly will be on the shelves.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

i am most definitely going to have to buy a scorpion 1:6. i was playing with the 1:6 TJ for my first time last night, and that won me over...but now i want a scorpion
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They have TONS of them in their warehouses,
that wasnt what we were told by our local walmar toy MGR he said he received a e-mail they have none in any warehouses and dont know if and when they will be getting more....jeeps yes scorps nope what the hell is up with this
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Well i finally bought my 1:6 scorpion today. All there everyone had was Heeps . Its on the crage right now. I hope they come up with a fix for the slipping belts . Very nice toy.
icu_runnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Good luck ordering **** from walmart, two diff lay-away counters told me that even with the walmart item number they can only order by UPC, SOL.

So until you can get them a different UPC code or put them online from walmart.com or you sell direct at scorpioncars.com then its luck of the draw

Walmart sucks
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

I just picked up my 1:6 SCORPION last night.

The only one that was on the shelf with 14 1:6 JEEPS.

This thing is AWESOME!
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuzzz_up_dogg
that wasnt what we were told by our local walmar toy MGR he said he received a e-mail they have none in any warehouses and dont know if and when they will be getting more....jeeps yes scorps nope what the hell is up with this
The Manager is simply wrong. However, it could be because W-M screwed up the ID in their inventory system so it disappeared. I am absolutely positive that they have more in their warehouses than you can imagine... Their inventory system was not updated correctly with the item number and they got "stuck" in the system for weeks and weeks. That was JUST fixed last week.

You'll see...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson420
I just picked up my 1:6 SCORPION last night.

The only one that was on the shelf with 14 1:6 JEEPS.

This thing is AWESOME!
Could you get the UPC number off the box and post it for everyone? Apparently THAT is what is required to order them at the stores...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
Good luck ordering **** from walmart, two diff lay-away counters told me that even with the walmart item number they can only order by UPC, SOL.

So until you can get them a different UPC code or put them online from walmart.com or you sell direct at scorpioncars.com then its luck of the draw

Walmart sucks
Amazing... They have them and I will work to get the UPC code. How absurd that they cannot find it with the ACTUAL Wal-Mart item number... Ya kinda woulda thought a stupid inventory system could FIND the darned things... Hey, they are only the largest retailer in the WORLD, sheeesh.

We - nor Funrise - have any control of them putting them on WalMart.com. And, ScorpionCars.com cannot get any because ALL of the production is going to fill the Wal-Mart orders.

And why did they call you "S.O.L."?
Old 12-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Wow. Guess I was one of the first to get one (12/04/05). Just to let everyone know, they do have the upgraded chassis. You can see that the shocks are screwed instead of riveted and the little metal brackets above the knuckles.

Got me a 1:6 scorpion today!!! This thing is Huge.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bmr4life; 12-11-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Could you get the UPC number off the box and post it for everyone? Apparently THAT is what is required to order them at the stores...
The UPC is the same as the jeep.

Box Says " UPC 021664061619 item #06161 "

Receipt says " Rock Crawler 0021664061619 "
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

1:6 Scorpion

Walmart

Item Number #06161

Proof of Purchase #21664 06161

Right off the box

Good Luck
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Yup, like i was told and have been saying, just because you guys say the walmart number is one thing, doesn't mean they aren't lazy and just use the same number...

In their eyes its still a $149.96 RC 6th Rock crawler
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I have made 3-4 phone calls to wallyworlds and get an unsure response about the specific scorpion. I am patient, and they will probably just appear one day.
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:28 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Default Mutt nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
Yup, like i was told and have been saying, just because you guys say the walmart number is one thing, doesn't mean they aren't lazy and just use the same number...

In their eyes its still a $149.96 RC 6th Rock crawler
We have finally determined that Wal-Mart has insisted on using the SAME UPC code for both the 1:6 Jeep and the 1:6 Scorpion.

W-M cannot tell them apart, and you cannot explicitely order a 1:6 Scorpion. The ONLY business in the US that has 1:6 Scorpions is W-M. (Target.com has the 1:18 only).

The good news is that they were shipped Jeeps first, then, weeks later, Scorpions. So, as we are seeing from the reports posted here, the Scorpions are beginning to trickle out of the warehouses as the Jeeps sell out.

And that explains why the Scorpions were on clearance occasionally, when the store was trying to move more Jeeps, and they wound up with Scorpions on the shelf instead.

Eventually, the ONLY 1:6 in the stores will be Scorpions. I suspect that W-M might re-order only when most of the Scorpions are gone, so if you want a Jeep, get it now! We would PREFER that you buy a Scorpion, though, because ScorpionCars.com licenses the Scorpion Brand!

That is the story. The UPC code for both is 021664 06161 9.

Remember, scattered in the Yellow standard Scorpions are a few RED ones that are limited edition with Certificates of Authentication. They are the same price, and you should look for them! They will be on the shelves at random.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Nice, I'll keep an eye out for a red one
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote